This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Psn downloads crashing for anyone else?

#1ShadowBoyZXPosted 2/24/2013 10:06:54 PM
Okay so I purchased One Piece Pirate Warriors since it's on sale for half price right now. I'm on my fourth attempt to download this right now. The first few times it gave me an error message that both stopped the download and signed me out before even reaching installation.

I've never had so much trouble with a download. Is anyone having similar issues?
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#2TyrantLowKeyPosted 2/24/2013 10:12:24 PM
^My system froze once when I was downloading games overnight and my All For One (Ratchet) didn't download properly (I deleted it and will redownload when I get the chance) but I haven't had the issue like yours. Is it wired or Wireless connection?
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#3ShadowBoyZX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:19:47 PM
It's wired. Just had my 4th error at 17%

Going to try disconnecting and reconnecting before starting again.
---
#4TyrantLowKeyPosted 2/24/2013 10:34:20 PM
^Try restoring your system (not sure if you can. Not reformatting but restoring). It won't delete anything. Any time I PS3 freezes, it requires a restore and then works fine. Try downloading after that. But do you have enough space on your PS3? ( i know it's an obvious question and i am not trying to insult you but I have had times when i don't check on little stuff like that).
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#5ShadowBoyZX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:13:29 PM
I've never done a restore although I know how. I thought it cleared out all of your data and took the PS3 back to factory settings? It fell through again for the sixth time while at 20% so I started looking around. Only 68GB/149GB so space isn't the problem. Although I wouldn't have been surprised if it was something simple like that lol. I did have to run a system update though so I'm hoping that was it.
---
#6ShadowBoyZX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:51:10 AM
Yeah so I restarted my Ps3, router and modem several times and still no go. Really don't understand the problem but I think I'll be giving up on the dl for the night.
---
#7Yuki SanadaPosted 2/25/2013 12:58:22 AM
Did you try downloading in the background? I have to do that for long dls or I get disconnected from the PSN sometimes.
#8ShadowBoyZX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:21:50 AM
Yuki Sanada posted...
Did you try downloading in the background? I have to do that for long dls or I get disconnected from the PSN sometimes.

Just tried this and even though I was disconnected from the PSN, it just picked up where it left off. It's going at a slower pace but at least it'll finish this time. Thanks man.
---
#9TyrantLowKeyPosted 2/25/2013 12:14:11 PM
^There a simple solution. I already assumed you were downloading in the background.
---