This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about free games on PS+.

#1jokingpeoPosted 2/25/2013 3:26:23 AM
Is it free to download, keep, and play anytime as if own property, or does Sony have the ability to prevent use of product once it switches to a different selection of free games or some other promotion? Even if it's the latter it's still a good deal, but I'm just curious as someone who is interested in PS+.
#2gzus_ADPosted 2/25/2013 3:27:49 AM
yeah, you can download it and play it anytime provided you're a member.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#3BleuPosted 2/25/2013 3:30:48 AM
It's free as long as you are subscribed to PS+ (you won't be able to access it otherwise). And the IGC system is rotated but as long as you have it on your download list, you can re-download it even if the game is out of IGC
---
PSN: ReinBleu2nd
#4ThePuddingManPosted 2/25/2013 3:34:01 AM
Just makes sure you add the games to your cart and "purchase" them (for free) so that they'll be added to your download list. As long as it's in your download list and you have an active subscription you can download it and play it anytime.
#5AnonUnknownPosted 2/25/2013 3:35:03 AM
When Plus subscription expires, they disappear from your purchase history.

When you renew the subscription, they'll return... and become the last things you've bought.
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (Now playing: Harmony of Despair)
#6Anodyne11Posted 2/25/2013 3:40:14 AM(edited)
AnonUnknown posted...

No they don't. They'll always be in your purchase history for you to download anytime you want. However you can only play them as long as you have an active subscription.
Sony never remove the ability to play games once they're removed from the lineup. (service wouldn't be worth paying for if that happened imo)

Also, one thing to note. Every PS+ game you previously got will be pushed to the very top of your download list once you add more PS+ time (whether it had been canceled or if you're just extending it)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#7AnonUnknownPosted 2/25/2013 4:22:40 AM
Anodyne11 posted...
AnonUnknown posted...

No they don't. They'll always be in your purchase history for you to download anytime you want. However you can only play them as long as you have an active subscription.
Sony never remove the ability to play games once they're removed from the lineup. (service wouldn't be worth paying for if that happened imo)

Also, one thing to note. Every PS+ game you previously got will be pushed to the very top of your download list once you add more PS+ time (whether it had been canceled or if you're just extending it)

They disappear for me, and return when i renew the subscription.
---
#8Anodyne11Posted 2/25/2013 4:48:34 AM
US or EU? I've never had that happen before though. Even when I canceled my sub for a few months they were all still there for me to download, just I couldn't play them. (I use EU PS+)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#9AnonUnknownPosted 2/25/2013 4:55:09 AM
Europe. But i've used 30 day trial codes until a week ago.
---