This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did they turn Lara into a mass murderer?

#51SuperrpgmanPosted 2/26/2013 4:44:30 AM
jrr18 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
jrr18 posted...
Well in the classics you kill animals that are endangered and poaching is bad.

Yeah how would the world feel if you discovered a living dinosaur, and instead of keeping it alive you emptied round after round into it?

Old Lara was no saint, I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this.

Well seeing as said dinosaur could've killed quite a few people had they attempted to bring it into a zoo or something, I don't think her killing it is too much of a problem.

Besides, she kills plenty of people in the second game and further, this is barely an issue.

Oh come you name one example of a dinosaur zoo ending badly I mean what could possibly go wrong?

kudos to the unintentional reference to Busby 3D, one of the most unintentionally disturbing games ever made.

Seriously, look up taco man plays busby 3d on youtube, it's some of the most powerful nightmare fuel!
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#52theGodPantiesPosted 2/26/2013 4:54:46 AM
Alltra posted...
The internet is full of parrots.

---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium
#53SCCAN85Posted 2/26/2013 11:38:19 AM
Yes, its good to see a game coming out that actually stars a strong woman instead of always the same male caricature like the dmc garbage and what have you.. But then posts like the following make me realize why there are so few of these games..

LoIicon posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
she just trying to survive and be a strong woman young girls can relate to

No they can't, young girls don't kill.

So its ok when men murder countless fake made up pixelated personalities, its only when a woman does its wrong because this for some reason threatens that fragile male ego. Wouldn't want young girls learning that its ok to be strong. Not wanting to see a woman defend herself. You would never see a topic "Why is Solid Snake a mass murderer?" This question only comes up when its a woman protagonist so I can see how developers are reluctant to release such games.. I'm thinking of buying the game new to support the cause. I've also been looking forward to this game since I first heard about it. So I hope its good!

I don't mind that, but when GoW devs comes out and says they had to edit and touch up their game because of fear of that the game was showing too much violence to women, I lost it. Either gtfo of it completely or be all in. I hate that these are even issues.

And like other people have mentioned, the biggest disparity is that the narrative is making her out to be something that the gameplay completely contradicts.

And CTU, that game does sound disturbing haha, atleast the pregnant aspect. Sure that's why it's a custom/modded level.
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#54RPG maniac87Posted 2/26/2013 12:24:46 PM
boredofyou posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Why are people caring about video game enemies?

They've always been there, why is it now an issue?

For too long we, the gamers, have ignored the plight of the basic scrub enemy! They are just like you, trying to get by in life. They find a good job that pays well enough to support their family and maybe sock away a little something for retirement..

Sure, their boss is a megalomaniac, but what boss isn't!? Then, out of the blue, here comes a freakin' "hero" who callously descends upon them like some grim angel of death and ends their existence!!

What did their stupid little guard pattern ever do to you!?
Their pathetic underpowered weaponry too strong for ya?
How 'bout that run into the wall head first A.I.??

What you mean to tell me with all your superhuman like abilities you couldn't have just knocked them out?? Or gone around them?

Sprites and polygons have rights too!
*pumps fist*
Sprites rights!!
Sprites rights!!
Sprites rights!!

... Alright, I'm sorry.. This is totally a joke post and its gotten so stupid its totally out of hand. Much like the idea of killing baddies in a video game being wrong somehow.

This. It's almost as bad as the people complaining about children and the sexual exploitation of women in games.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#55GM_Posted 2/26/2013 12:27:28 PM
The only Tomb Raider where you only killed a couple of humans was the very first game in the franchise. People began to dislike the series afterwards because with each new installment it seemed like you were killing more and more humans to the point where the game got so ungodly hard you had to spam healthkits like tic-tacs to just survive an area thanks to pinpoint accurate enemy a.i that never missed Lara with guns.
#56dreamsiclePosted 2/26/2013 1:35:21 PM
jrr18 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
jrr18 posted...
Well in the classics you kill animals that are endangered and poaching is bad.

Yeah how would the world feel if you discovered a living dinosaur, and instead of keeping it alive you emptied round after round into it?

Old Lara was no saint, I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this.

Well seeing as said dinosaur could've killed quite a few people had they attempted to bring it into a zoo or something, I don't think her killing it is too much of a problem.

Besides, she kills plenty of people in the second game and further, this is barely an issue.

Oh come you name one example of a dinosaur zoo ending badly I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Billy and the Cloneasaurus
---
Basic reading skills are required to fully enjoy this signature.
#57SuperrpgmanPosted 2/28/2013 9:26:18 AM
Btw, I can see Lara going to court for killing everyone in this game that tries to bloody rape here, and the jury is made up on people like the topic creator who are are completely incapable of comprehending the difference between killing someone who is trying to harm you, and someone who slaughters completely innocent people in cold blood just to hear them scream.

The scarier thing is that the topic creator could very well get put on an actual jury where the prosecutors have no case, and rely on the blissful ignorance of people like him.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#58MrMikeMaPosted 2/28/2013 9:28:10 AM
Because, don't you know? Video games turn people into killers!

Just ask FAUX news!
#59ElBorak77Posted 2/28/2013 9:36:42 AM
why do people keep making this topic?
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#60youshallbeasgodPosted 2/28/2013 9:39:40 AM
Her name is Laura.
---
Relax, it's just a game.