This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if the PS4 won't transfer my PSN games, what will happen to them...

#51snkrulesPosted 2/26/2013 8:19:48 PM
such lack of vision from some people.

look sure you can have your games on your PS3 downloaded, however PSN PS3 servers will be different than PSN PS4 servers, much like Xbox live servers were different than Xbox 360 servers.

Did you know that Xbox 1 servers got shut down after a while? so you know the few xbox live 1 content is now lost forever, same thing can and wlll happen with PS3 PSN servers.

now imagine your PS3 breaks or your HDD becomes corrupt, sorry you can't redownload the games anymore.

at least with physical games you could just buy another console and play your games, but not with Digital Downloads.

Steam avoids this issue becuase they are PC games, so unless there is a major shift in computing, those same games you bought 5 years ago or even today, should work in PC's 10 years from now.
---
kaingarland.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/the-award-for-the-most-dumb-mods-goes-to/
#52vashtrichamPosted 2/27/2013 6:42:37 AM(edited)
Quote:such lack of vision from some people.

look sure you can have your games on your PS3 downloaded, however PSN PS3 servers will be different than PSN PS4 servers, much like Xbox live servers were different than Xbox 360 servers.

Did you know that Xbox 1 servers got shut down after a while? so you know the few xbox live 1 content is now lost forever, same thing can and wlll happen with PS3 PSN servers.

now imagine your PS3 breaks or your HDD becomes corrupt, sorry you can't redownload the games anymore.

at least with physical games you could just buy another console and play your games, but not with Digital Downloads.

Steam avoids this issue becuase they are PC games, so unless there is a major shift in computing, those same games you bought 5 years ago or even today, should work in PC's 10 years from now.

@snkrules
And ill never play those games in 10 years. If you are that worried than buy a ps3 when psn is announced (if it is) to shut down. Than transfer your stuff onto your new ps3. Don't give me what if it breaks what if because that can just keep going on and on. Stuff breaks, this is not a PC it is a console with a limited life that is how it always works it is not new.
But people will not do this they will just keep crying at every little thing that does not 100% convenience then.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#53goku4ever03Posted 2/27/2013 8:50:35 AM
vashtricham posted...
@snkrules
And ill never play those games in 10 years. If you are that worried than buy a ps3 when psn is announced (if it is) to shut down. Than transfer your stuff onto your new ps3. Don't give me what if it breaks what if because that can just keep going on and on. Stuff breaks, this is not a PC it is a console with a limited life that is how it always works it is not new.
But people will not do this they will just keep crying at every little thing that does not 100% convenience then.

You maybe won't, but others will. I still play my original PS1 games on my original PS1 console. People still play their original NES games on their original NES console. Older consoles are still going strong because back then devs had quality control, so no it's not how it's always worked. How does buying a new PS3 help when PSN is shut down help? What if/when that breaks down too? This isn't people crying. People have invested a lot of money into their consoles and games and will very likely be losing them in the near future due to the greed and ethically empty multi-billion dollar company. Someone voicing their anger over losing money at no fault of their own, you consider to be crying? What you posted was a terrible post all round which made no valid points and gave no sound advice.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#54vashtrichamPosted 2/27/2013 9:11:47 AM(edited)
goku4ever03 posted...
vashtricham posted...
@snkrules

You maybe won't, but others will. I still play my original PS1 games on my original PS1 console. People still play their original NES games on their original NES console. Older consoles are still going strong because back then devs had quality control, so no it's not how it's always worked. How does buying a new PS3 help when PSN is shut down help? What if/when that breaks down too? This isn't people crying. People have invested a lot of money into their consoles and games and will very likely be losing them in the near future due to the greed and ethically empty multi-billion dollar company. Someone voicing their anger over losing money at no fault of their own, you consider to be crying? What you posted was a terrible post all round which made no valid points and gave no sound advice.

And I like most people use emulators to play old games,

Learn to read, buy a new ps3 when the announcement of psn being shut down happens (key word announcment,, that means before it is actually shut down) . Then transfer your games onto your new console and there ya go you have a new console and all your games and with moderate play it can last past 10 years. If you are not willing to do this than that is your problem and your fault. Not everything has to perfectly work in your favor, new consoles come and with that some things will just not transfer over. This is not a PC if you wanted that then you should have bought a PC. Now stop crying over this stupid problem and learn to figure out ways around it yourself
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#55goku4ever03Posted 2/27/2013 12:18:27 PM
vashtricham posted...
And I like most people use emulators to play old games,

Learn to read, buy a new ps3 when the announcement of psn being shut down happens (key word announcment,, that means before it is actually shut down) . Then transfer your games onto your new console and there ya go you have a new console and all your games and with moderate play it can last past 10 years. If you are not willing to do this than that is your problem and your fault. Not everything has to perfectly work in your favor, new consoles come and with that some things will just not transfer over. This is not a PC if you wanted that then you should have bought a PC. Now stop crying over this stupid problem and learn to figure out ways around it yourself

Emulation of old games now are of those which existed in the past, and still today even, as physical media. So if you bought those games back then you can still play them if an old console breaks down and you replace it. Will the emulation of games from today still mean you can play on big HDTVs with game pads similar to the consoles those games were released on? Will there be emulation for every single piece of DLC that has been released as well? Will it be free for those who already purchased those games and DLC in the past?

My reading is fine, it's your comprehension that must be the problem if you can't tell that I already responded to what you said and showed you why it's a moot point. Your "solution" is to spend money to buy another console which again has quite a limited lifespan. There are original 1985 NES consoles still going strong after over 25 years of extensive use and a new PS3, most likely manufactured in the mid 2010s, lasting for a bit over 10 years with moderate play is something to shout about? People should spend more money on what they now know to be an underdeveloped console otherwise it's their fault? What a ridiculous attitude to have, pretty cringe worthy to even read let alone post it yourself. Arguing a point isn't crying, it's merely making people aware as soon as possible of what's happening so they don't remain ignorant to the matter as companies would love them to. That way they can make a more informed choice when they spend their money on video games in the future.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#56king_maddenPosted 2/27/2013 12:36:50 PM
were people assuming that psn games would forever be available to them to access? that sony was just going to permanently hold your games for you until the day you die?
#57JulesNeciPosted 2/27/2013 12:42:58 PM
They stay on your PS3 until it vaporizes the day you buy the PS4!
Uhhhh dangerous stuff
---
Since when is it such a crime to own a Vita and a 3DS and LOVE both of them?
#58Impaired MedicPosted 2/27/2013 12:44:28 PM
Your PSN games will be set free on a farm up north.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.