This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SPOILERS*** So according to MGR...?

#31Eseenuz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:28:51 AM
I didn't either, MGR was awesome lol
#32RollingCradlePosted 2/26/2013 10:34:50 AM
The last boss is without a doubt THE manliest display of battle to ever grace a video game.

Seriously you have to conquer the unconquerable, defeat the undefeatable, surpass the unsurpassable. So man up.
#33Eseenuz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:39:01 AM
I did & I kicked his *** lol
#34DoukouPosted 2/26/2013 10:51:01 AM
Dr3adn0ugh7 posted...
War is great for an economy.

How do you think the US came out of the great depression? World War II, son. A combination of high taxes at the time, plus manufacturing getting a boom with all those war machines that needed to be made, times that by high moral and patriotism and you got yourself a booming economy.

The Senator was also right about how corrupt the US politicians are. Lobbying has pretty much taken over the US Government, allowing only an elite few to really get the say in what goes on, and state powers have been waning for awhile as the powers to be in the white house continue to push agenda after agenda onto the nation. The senator wanted to put the power back in the hands of the people.

Basically the Senator wanted an extreme form Anarchic Communism, with people fighting for their rights instead of fighting for foreign oil.

It was a rather deep and sophisticated message. I'm even surprised MGR mentioned the 9/11 attacks. Really did feel like they were pushing the envelop in someways. Can't wait to see what controversies Kojima wants to tackle with Ground Zeroes.

What? USA was out of the Great Depression by then.
---
Don't read this sig.
#35deprofundis442Posted 2/26/2013 10:53:37 AM
Sonic23004 posted...
keatonisballin posted...
ukokira1 posted...
TelekiNoctis posted...
The story doesn't matter. It's temporary canon until Kojima makes another game that completely ignores what happens and rewrites it.

Confirmed canon by Kojiipro and Kojiima. Also Telenoctis just hates the game because It tarnishes his pretty MGS4.

IIRC PW was originally confirmed to be canon then certain things were changed storywise for GZ.

Um... Peace Walker is as canon as it gets. Portable Ops is the one that remains in question.

I don't think even MPO is in question. It's referenced in MGS4 and PW doesn't really interfere with any of those events.
#36mad_hax_manPosted 2/26/2013 4:20:36 PM
Considering the events of MGS1 were orchestrated by the president at the time, the president after that tried to hold the city hostage in order to join The Patriots and the events of MGS3 were orchestrated by the CIA, this isn't the first time the USA hasn't come off in a great light in the MG saga.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart