This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about demon souls/dark souls

#1Deathclutch84Posted 2/25/2013 9:09:35 PM
Figured I'd ask this here but anyhow I picked both of them up today an had some questions. As far as the story goes which should I play first I heard that one of them is a prequel or doesn't it matter which order to play them in? Also anything I should know as far as which class or class not to choose an any tips for surving these games cause from what I'm hearing there extremely hard. Also any tips would be a plus. Thanks in advanced for your help!
---
PSN- Deathclutch66684
Currently playing-Sacred 2,Castlevania Harmony Of Despair,The Walking Dead, Dragon Age Origins.
#2Crimson SkysPosted 2/25/2013 9:13:17 PM
The stories in both games are too subtle to consider one a prequel or a sequel. You can play either one first. And while each game is hard they aren't impossible. Part of the fun of both games actually is dying and improving your survival skills. Just pick a class that sounds good to you and have fun with it, there isn't a right way to play the Souls games, just don't die.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3Mattywright77Posted 2/25/2013 9:17:16 PM
I personally feel Demons is better. No order though. But if your serious look up the game boards. Souls is not casual.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#4rwfan2cPosted 2/25/2013 9:18:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y

Ill leave that for preview of what awaits you.
---
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Uncharted Series, GT5, and Tera
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#5toastedmuffin89Posted 2/25/2013 9:18:48 PM
Mattywright77 posted...
I personally feel Demons is better. No order though. But if your serious look up the game boards. Souls is not casual.

Agree about souls.
#6Mattywright77Posted 2/25/2013 9:24:18 PM
Damn this topic, im throwing demons back in, damn you.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#7Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/25/2013 10:38:14 PM
As someone else said survival is everything in this game. Use a shield constantly or learn to dodge/roll constantly. Be afraid of new enemies and try to trick/surprise attack/make fall of a ledge as often as you can and you'll be fine.
#8Deathclutch84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 10:47:39 PM
Thanks everyone I'm looking forward to playing these been a min since I've played a challenging rpg.
---
PSN- Deathclutch66684
Currently playing-Resident Evil 6,Rage,Infinity Blade.