This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does Playstation Plus work with games you've purchased....

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 2/25/2013 11:43:14 PM
Ok, there are like 3-4 games on Playstation Plus that are free this month but I already own (All 4 One, Megaman 9 and 10, Maverick Hunter X, etc)

I'm worried the the site doesn't differentiate between Free Purchased (which expire when + runs out) and games you've purchased at full price, that when my + promotional period runs out I will lose these games.

Just a bit of paranoia.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2gtaking5Posted 2/25/2013 11:44:27 PM(edited)
Yeah you're just paranoid. It knows how to differentiate.
---
If you throw away food then you're a planet killer, and the ghost of a dead homeless dude might haunt your bathtub
#3Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 11:46:03 PM
gtaking5 posted...
Yeah you're just paranoid. It knows how to differentiate.

You never know with sony!
The bigger problem i see is I can't tell which was free and which I bought just by skimming thanks to it just saying "Purchased"
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4KoroshiyaZeroPosted 2/26/2013 3:46:37 AM
you can check the info of the games on the xmb. If it's a free DL it will have subscription date saying this software will become unplayable after this date if you don't renew your subscription. If you bought it, it won't.

This is software, not some old lady trying to remember what you bought.
#5kyle78Posted 2/26/2013 4:16:16 AM
It's in the programming, I have games that were or are free. They are still there.
---
Liberalism, defined as a mental disability.
#6krullPosted 2/26/2013 4:27:14 AM
Why do some games that are supposed to expire don't have dates though? Like Guardians of Middle Earth, pretty sure that was free so it should expire but has no date...
---
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
~To Strive To Seek To Find And Not To Yield~
#7Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/26/2013 4:34:04 AM(edited)
PS+ games don't expire as long as you've already 'purchased' them, that is, checked them out in the store. As long as you have Plus, you'll always be able to go back to them (or in your Downloads List) and re-download them.

By 'expire', they mean they take them off of the IGC for the newer Plus members. So they don't get it, but you still do as long as you checked it out and are still a member. If you leave and sign up again later, you'll get access to them again after you sign back up.

---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#8krullPosted 2/26/2013 4:36:41 AM
I understand all that, I mean when I go to info on most games I got free they say they expire in 120+ days, when my sub runs out, but GoME and I think a few others say they will last forever, guess the devs gave permission for that or something prolly cause it has online stuff they prefer active.
---
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
~To Strive To Seek To Find And Not To Yield~
#9Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 4:50:39 PM
KoroshiyaZero posted...
you can check the info of the games on the xmb. If it's a free DL it will have subscription date saying this software will become unplayable after this date if you don't renew your subscription. If you bought it, it won't.

This is software, not some old lady trying to remember what you bought.

I've had bad coded software before.. (and made some >_>)
---