This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone ever experienced the Tetris Effect?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Has anyone ever experienced the Tetris Effect?
3 years ago#1
By that I mean by playing a game(like Tetris) for an extended period of time to the point were you start seeing things from the game in your everyday life.

This happened to me recently after I started playing Catherine. I'd start seeing sliding blocks at work and even in my sleep.
Currently playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Absolution, Infamous Collection.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
3 years ago#2
last time it happened for me was with catherine as well, it's like everything i do relates to blocks somehow
PSVita no games?
3 years ago#3
The best and most messed up for me was I was working/living third shift and I had a morning class but had been playing Lumines Plus on PS2 all night. I went to class the next morning and I kept seeing Lumines blocks forming around my professors afro. It was honestly pretty cool. Nothing like drug free hallucinations.
3 years ago#4
not tetris or anything but resident evil 4, i kept feelin like everyone around me was a ganado when i was walkin in my schools hallway. and my brother almost accidentaly ran over people when he picked me up from school cause he thought he was playin grand theft auto
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
3 years ago#5
I remember a particular summer where all a friend and I would do is play tony hawk 2, eventually to the point where every time I saw an edge I would look at it as something to be grinded. Also, I've specifically suffered from a literal tetris effect in that I played so much tetris that I began to see falling blocks when I closed my eyes, and had nightmares that lines of tetrominos would stack up in the playing field perfectly but never clear.
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
3 years ago#6
Had it with Tetris, Bejeweled, Guitar Hero.
3 years ago#7
Every time I stomp, I make a grunt like Isaac from Dead Space..
PSN: xTheGrieverx
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
3 years ago#8
I actually had the exact same thing, sliding blocks from catherine. I have had the tetris effect as well, I think only certain types of people are more prone to getting these things.
3 years ago#9
Yes! And I absolutely hate it.

I can't play any games like Tetris, columns, Catherine etc. any longer...
Now Playing: Metal Gear Rising
3 years ago#10
PSN: toadieman
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Has anyone ever experienced the Tetris Effect?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived