This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#121Vidius101Posted 2/26/2013 8:57:35 AM
Troll topic.

The soul's series have revolutionize the rpg industry.

TC your a troll.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#122MegatheGaurdianPosted 2/26/2013 9:00:31 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
In a game where dying is required

I'm not even that far in since I only got it last Thursday and after reading that part I knew this was not true. Or maybe you're just over exaggerating.

Honestly the game is not that hard, and this is coming from a newer player. Didn't take me long to figure out that any deaths I had was because of my mistakes. After that it was smooth sailing (except for me because I goof up a lot in games... o-o;)
---
Youtube:mariomegaman <>360Gamertag & PSN:MMZenex
"...It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" -Mewtwo
#123An_Error_MackroPosted 2/26/2013 9:00:37 AM
CrimsonCorp posted...

I can't count the number of people have said THAT about the Souls game. I'm with TC thinking that its overrated.

beating the game is an awesome accomplishment, i'm not taking anything away from those who beat it. The problem is, most start showing off none stop that they beat it, and hail it as the second coming. and their e-peen grows exponentially while bashing every other game for not having the same level of difficulty across the board....

I beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and Devil May Cry 1 in DMD, and 3 in Very Hard (couldn't beat DMD in that game) you don't see me bashing Skyrim fans...

Ug, it's like NG tryhards. So annyoing. I beat the game on a high difficulty, lemme brag and troll GoW boards even though the game isn't based soley on the combat like NG is. I'm glad that series was driven into the ground</hate>

Anyway, this topic is very scary. Not just the OP's ignorance, but that amount of people saying how hard this game was in this topic alone. The game was fairly difficult at the beginning, above average maybe. It wasn't THAT hard once you start getting use to the pace.

But what really the what made the game fun was it's core mechanics and IMO the awesome atmosphere and artsyle. It's nice playing a RPG out of Japan that doesn't invlove generic anime and it's relative story. The artsyle in that was actually really cool. It didn't need it's story spoonfed to you, it implied it through it's atmosphere, item descriptions, characters, etc. Not the best game ever, but pretty fun to play, has a good amount of depth, and escpecially boosted by this gen's lack of decent challenging games.

Oh you died? That's on you, the game isn't "cheap" like your old era arcade or snes games. It's pretty fair. All it takes is patience and timing.

Not that most gamers have that nowadays with the standard difficulty is games like AC with all you have to do his hold L1 and parry everyone until the street is filled with 50 corpses. It's not hard to wonder why people cry about this game being too hard when it's really not that far above average. You want a hard game play NG1. Then you can start crying.
#124CaliberChampPosted 2/26/2013 9:01:31 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
I'm so glad people agree that this game is the most over rated game of all time. Even the devs were caught surprised from it unusual cult following. I was even tricked into renting this game. I gave it a fair share of about 20 hours before calling it quits. Honestly, its a monster hunter game in a different setting. And monster hunter games have been getting crap reviews, which I think dark souls also deserves. Also, the fanboys are the absolute worst. Yes, worse than dmc fanboys. Just have a look in the dark soul topics to see how much they brag and gloat. They think playing this game is a badge of honor for its difficulty. Lol. There are much better games that are more difficult. I wish I never rented this piece of trash game.

Lol I remember you, you're the guy that made 15 whine topics about the game on the Dark Souls board whenever you couldn't beat a boss or an invader kicked your ass.

I never whined about the game like that. And stop trying to victimized me as a casual cause I'm not. That's another reason why dark soul fanboys are the worst, they think you are a casual for hating on the game. I went into the dark soul boards complaining about how over rated it is. Not what you say I went there for.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#125Cecil255Posted 2/26/2013 9:10:43 AM(edited)
CaliberChamp posted...
That's another reason why dark soul fanboys are the worst, they think you are a casual for hating on the game.

CHEAT SHEET FOR HOW TO DEFEND SOULS
1) Does the person like Souls?

Yes? pat them on the back. They are a true gamer.

No?

Complainant sucks, not the game. All other comments/critiques/complaints are invalid and negated by the fact that we can assume said gamer is a hopeless casual and sucks at Souls regardless of previous gaming history or accomplishments herein Souls.
#126GarrlVinlandPosted 2/26/2013 9:12:38 AM
Cecil255 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
That's another reason why dark soul fanboys are the worst, they think you are a casual for hating on the game.

No?

Complainant sucks, not the game. All other comments/critiques/complaints are invalid and negated by the fact that we can assume said gamer is a hopeless casual and sucks at Souls regardless of previous gaming history or accomplishments herein Souls.

Thats because the people that feel the need to hate on the game are the ones that killed 1 boss and then got stuck in the 2nd area. You never see a person with a completely negative opionion of the game hating one of the last bosses.

Why? Because they never got that far lol
#127D_FenestrationXPosted 2/26/2013 9:15:29 AM
GarrlVinland posted...
Cecil255 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...

No?

Thats because the people that feel the need to hate on the game are the ones that killed 1 boss and then got stuck in the 2nd area. You never see a person with a completely negative opionion of the game hating one of the last bosses.

Why didn't they get that far? Because they stopped playing a game they didn't like lol.
#128flame030191Posted 2/26/2013 9:16:57 AM
Playing through a decent portion of Demon's Souls, i couldnt grasp why it rsted so well. Generic setting, slow, clunky combat, and very little focus on any story.

Tried Dark Souls for free. They focused a little more on the story, but the problems remained true. It was slow and clunky in controls, almost no real focus on the story, the settings got even more generic...

I couldnt keep interested.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#129matu90rkPosted 2/26/2013 9:17:31 AM
Discussions like this arise because a lot of people cannot accept games they don't like getting massive praise. Look at FF7, this crap has been going on for years.
#130snicklecuckPosted 2/26/2013 9:17:57 AM
D_FenestrationX posted...
GarrlVinland posted...
Cecil255 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...

No?

Why didn't they get that far? Because they stopped playing a game they didn't like lol.

More likely they died twice in a row and rage quit.