This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#131Cecil255Posted 2/26/2013 9:19:06 AM
GarrlVinland posted...
You never see a person with a completely negative opionion of the game hating one of the last bosses.

Why? Because they never got that far lol

Hmm, I believe this person platinum'ed the game and gave it a 3/10.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/954345-demons-souls/reviews/review-146798

And, like another said, no, most people won't get that far if they don't like the game.

I will probably never beat DeS or DkS because I have better things to do with my precious time. Like post on this board... >_> (hey, I'm at work. Limited options)
#132SFIII_3rdStrikePosted 2/26/2013 9:19:17 AM
I'm sorry but you may have just started the most overrated topic of all time.
---
PSN: Pabz617 || Instagram: @p_lo_
When all else fails, order pizza
#133D_FenestrationXPosted 2/26/2013 9:19:21 AM
snicklecuck posted...
D_FenestrationX posted...
GarrlVinland posted...
Cecil255 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
That's another reason why dark soul fanboys are the worst, they think you are a casual for hating on the game.

CHEAT SHEET FOR HOW TO DEFEND SOULS
1) Does the person like Souls?

Yes? pat them on the back. They are a true gamer.

No?

Complainant sucks, not the game. All other comments/critiques/complaints are invalid and negated by the fact that we can assume said gamer is a hopeless casual and sucks at Souls regardless of previous gaming history or accomplishments herein Souls.

Thats because the people that feel the need to hate on the game are the ones that killed 1 boss and then got stuck in the 2nd area. You never see a person with a completely negative opionion of the game hating one of the last bosses.

Why? Because they never got that far lol

Why didn't they get that far? Because they stopped playing a game they didn't like lol.

More likely they died twice in a row and rage quit.

I certainly know dying and ragequitting are totally the only reason I didn't finish, say, Alpha Protocol or Shift 2 Unleashed. Seriously, there's more than one reason to stop doing something.
#134jrr18Posted 2/26/2013 9:20:10 AM
ME3 easy some one never played the last mission on insanity.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#135matu90rkPosted 2/26/2013 9:24:45 AM
TC didn't just state that DkS wasn't his cup of tea, but that it was the most overrated and maybe the worst game of all time. Somewhere along the line he tried to pass his opinion as a fact.

I'm not very fond of the MGS series but I won't state that it's bad or overrated just because I don't like it.
#136shadowsofdawnPosted 2/26/2013 9:25:44 AM
I certainly know dying and ragequitting are totally the only reason I didn't finish, say, Alpha Protocol or Shift 2 Unleashed. Seriously, there's more than one reason to stop doing something.

You definitely rage quit.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#137IngSlayerPosted 2/26/2013 9:26:37 AM
Marnex15 posted...
Guys don't listen to the TC. He's a well known troll on the 360 board. Probably the reason he won't post this there is because everyone has him figured out and knows he's a joke.

So...making a complaint that everyone else has a million times counts as trolling?

Well, in that case, I'll go over to the SSBB board and rant about how much I hate tripping.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#138flame030191Posted 2/26/2013 9:27:29 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...

You definitely rage quit.

I definitely rage quit Suoer Smash Bros Brawl. Way too hardcore for me O.o
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#139pariah23Posted 2/26/2013 9:32:23 AM
flame030191 posted...
Playing through a decent portion of Demon's Souls, i couldnt grasp why it rsted so well. Generic setting, slow, clunky combat, and very little focus on any story.

Tried Dark Souls for free. They focused a little more on the story, but the problems remained true. It was slow and clunky in controls, almost no real focus on the story, the settings got even more generic...

I couldnt keep interested.

Souls' combat is only slow if you're a beginner playing it ultra-conservatively, and it's the furthest possible thing from being clunky. If you want to see clunky, look no further than CDPR's attempt at cloning Demon's Souls style combat for The Witcher 2 (which is still a great game in spite of that).
#140Tswolf1422Posted 2/26/2013 9:36:14 AM
I agree with the main poster.. The game is SUPER over rated. I had someone rant to me about these games for weeks, when I finally got to try it.. I played it for four days and just took it out, and gave it back to him. Waste of time. It's hard for the sake of being hard, not challenging in the sake of fun.