This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#141flame030191Posted 2/26/2013 9:36:23 AM
pariah23 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Playing through a decent portion of Demon's Souls, i couldnt grasp why it rsted so well. Generic setting, slow, clunky combat, and very little focus on any story.

Tried Dark Souls for free. They focused a little more on the story, but the problems remained true. It was slow and clunky in controls, almost no real focus on the story, the settings got even more generic...

I couldnt keep interested.

Souls' combat is only slow if you're a beginner playing it ultra-conservatively, and it's the furthest possible thing from being clunky. If you want to see clunky, look no further than CDPR's attempt at cloning Demon's Souls style combat for The Witcher 2 (which is still a great game in spite of that).

My problem is if you click the button, the animation takes 3-5 seconds for some actions. Also, during actions, you cannot cancel and switch up, making many deaths feel cheap.

Im not against diffifulty, im pretty much a Ninja Gaiden fan. But D Souls games dont feel "difficult" just cheap.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#142Marnex15Posted 2/26/2013 9:47:21 AM
IngSlayer posted...
Marnex15 posted...
Guys don't listen to the TC. He's a well known troll on the 360 board. Probably the reason he won't post this there is because everyone has him figured out and knows he's a joke.

So...making a complaint that everyone else has a million times counts as trolling?

Well, in that case, I'll go over to the SSBB board and rant about how much I hate tripping.

Like I said, the guy is a well known annoying troll on the 360 board and makes incredibly dumb topics all the time. He has multiple accounts too and has had them banned time and time again.

Seriously, don't talk unless you know what I mean.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#143pariah23Posted 2/26/2013 9:47:50 AM
flame030191 posted...
My problem is if you click the button, the animation takes 3-5 seconds for some actions. Also, during actions, you cannot cancel and switch up, making many deaths feel cheap.

Im not against diffifulty, im pretty much a Ninja Gaiden fan. But D Souls games dont feel "difficult" just cheap.

Don't use ridiculously large 2H weapons then. They're designed to be clunky to make up for the massive damage. I don't care for how they work either, so I stick with uchigatana, BBS, mirdan hammer, etc. when I play Demon's Souls. Nothing clunky at all about any of those weapons.
#144Marnex15Posted 2/26/2013 9:49:33 AM
flame030191 posted...
pariah23 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Playing through a decent portion of Demon's Souls, i couldnt grasp why it rsted so well. Generic setting, slow, clunky combat, and very little focus on any story.

Tried Dark Souls for free. They focused a little more on the story, but the problems remained true. It was slow and clunky in controls, almost no real focus on the story, the settings got even more generic...

Souls' combat is only slow if you're a beginner playing it ultra-conservatively, and it's the furthest possible thing from being clunky. If you want to see clunky, look no further than CDPR's attempt at cloning Demon's Souls style combat for The Witcher 2 (which is still a great game in spite of that).

Are you serious? How can you be a NG fan and say the Souls games are cheap? NG is the definition of cheap.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#145flame030191Posted 2/26/2013 9:50:22 AM(edited)
pariah23 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Don't use ridiculously large 2H weapons then. They're designed to be clunky to make up for the massive damage. I don't care for how they work either, so I stick with uchigatana, BBS, mirdan hammer, etc. when I play Demon's Souls. Nothing clunky at all about any of those weapons.

I used the standard Sword&Shield set up like i do every mideval RPG.
---
#146flame030191Posted 2/26/2013 9:51:52 AM
Marnex15 posted...
flame030191 posted...
pariah23 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Are you serious? How can you be a NG fan and say the Souls games are cheap? NG is the definition of cheap.

Ninja Gaiden gave a cancel to most, if not every action you could do. This game gives no cancel at all. If you accidentally brush the trigger, you have to wait 5 seconds for a heavy swing or risk randomly jumping into death.
---
#147produnerPosted 2/26/2013 10:00:41 AM
flame030191 posted...
pariah23 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Well, that's your problem when you don't know the properties of your weapon like startup and recovery to use them precisely.
#148cloud_soraPosted 2/26/2013 10:00:51 AM
I love people like this who've barely touched the game and consider they're opinion valid. Also using terms like "of all-time" show's they're just people with wounded pride because their "skill" didn't carry them through. Dark Souls and Demon Souls are games that punish you when you do something wrong but A TON of people just ignore that and keep trying the EXACT same thing over and over again complaining its the games fault.
---
I'm entitled to my opinion, your entitled to your opinion, but im also entitled to dissuade you from your opinion.
#149LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/26/2013 10:02:51 AM
To claim that Demon's Souls and/or Dark Souls only has its difficulty as its redeeming quality makes you a complete moron. I won't argue because I am sure people have touched points on everything I have to say already.

I will however utilize this ignore function. It has made browsing so much more productive.
#150FenndorPosted 2/26/2013 10:03:42 AM
Both games are amazing and honestly Dark Souls became my 2nd favorite game of all time. After FFX. Dark Souls is only one of 3 games I have ever taken the time to platinum including Call of Duty W@W and God of War III. Great game especially all the different strategies and different ways to play this game.
---
PSN - CavalierPride