This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#151GuillermoXPosted 2/26/2013 9:24:30 AM(edited)
I know some people love it, but games that make you repeat the same level over and over again usually lose their fun real fast for me. I felt like it did deserve a bit less praise considering the combat system's simplicity, but I still don't feel like it was a BAD game, just average or so to me. Apart from the combat and evil game mechanics it was neat. The graphics were excellent, but I never made if far enough to find out of the story was worth anything. I personally don't want to be punished too hard for playing a video game. However, I know there are always going to be those who just love brutal games, so stuff like this will probably do well more often than not.

Also had to throw this in. To say that people who didn't like it need to play more of the game is sorta nonsense. Did you need to beat an entire pokemon or cooking mama game to truly decide it wasn't fun to you? Some people don't like certain types of games, and no amount of trolling them is going to make them change their thought patterns :P. At some point in a game the gamer, being a human being, can judge whether this is a fun activity or not(the purpose of a game, right?), and that's ok.

---
JUS friend code: 0474-5302-3665
#152Hbk2k74lifePosted 2/26/2013 9:09:48 AM
This is only my opinion but honestly I went into Dark Souls thinking the same as TC.
I played demon souls in 09 for all of 3 times and got nothing out of it. So when i finally got around to playing Dark Souls I wasn't expecting much difference. I was wrong though, Dark Souls was so good. I think looking beyond the difficulty (No matter how good or "artificial") the simple thrill of "This is my adventure" is enough to warrant it's praise. These games give you a feeling of the days of yore. Back when you were playing Zelda and Final Fantasy and you felt like constantly uncovering more ground. More progress, though difficult at times was always so satisfying.
I dunno about you guys but the feeling I got maybe 1/2 way through Dark Souls when you reach Anor Londo was awesome. I compare it to Ocarina of Time when you finally were about to enter Ganon's Castle or FF7 before you descend into the crater. It's those moments coupled with the simplicity of the controls and interface that make the games.
---
Dance Gavin Dance is the GREATEST BAND EVER
#153Kai101xPosted 2/26/2013 9:10:41 AM
Though tc could be bs'ing most of you, one thing I can agree on is that demon and dark souls are so over rated. I don't like them. Boring as hell but they're not bad games. They're just not what people here make them out to be. People on gamefaqs will over hype and over **** on anything. You can't really take what people say here seriously.
#154youshallbeasgodPosted 2/26/2013 9:11:55 AM
Why are people talking about difficulty? The game was super easy, I literally poise tanked the last boss with my big ass divine sword.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#155IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 9:32:11 AM
NoelXYeul posted...
OP, I agree with you 100%. This game was terrible, the first big monster in Demon's Souls wiped me out in 2 or 3 slashes while I just stood there figuring out how out to approach the situation. Then I appeared in that underworld place, and the first message I read people could place in areas to hint said: "Not this place again." I checked on YouTube and realized that fight was only a tutorial. I knew I was in over my head, and I decided I was better off going to another game in my backlog and selling this off.

..... You were supposed to die....
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#156jrr18Posted 2/26/2013 9:36:00 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
NoelXYeul posted...
OP, I agree with you 100%. This game was terrible, the first big monster in Demon's Souls wiped me out in 2 or 3 slashes while I just stood there figuring out how out to approach the situation. Then I appeared in that underworld place, and the first message I read people could place in areas to hint said: "Not this place again." I checked on YouTube and realized that fight was only a tutorial. I knew I was in over my head, and I decided I was better off going to another game in my backlog and selling this off.

And even if you kill it a dragon eats you anyway.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#157IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 9:37:46 AM
Shadowrider70 posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
The game's are not easy when you first start, that is for sure. Once you get into them though, the difficulty does feel a bit lower, unless you're under-leveled. The area before Blight Town was the hardest for me, due to getting cursed there. and fight a boss cursed, is not easy... >.> These games do have much more going for them than just the difficulty. I'm sorry if you don't like the game, even if you are a troll. Personally, I haven't played Dark Souls after dying three times at the start of Bight Town, and losing 30,000 souls. But I do find it hard to admit this game being bad.

You should try Dark Souls again, especially since losing 30,000 souls is nothing.

I will. I need to buy it though, since I was only borrowign it at the time. I also know 30,000 is nothing, but it was the highest amount I ever had, and was planning to level up with it. Or buy something to remove the friggin' curse... >.> Where can I get something to do that? Having half health was killing me.

Purging stones son, you can get them from the dude in the bell tower and from the female undead merchant in the aquaducts between Firelink shrine and the depths.
By the way, if you think curse is bad now, you fight a boss that uses an attack that can curse later.
---
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#158IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 9:38:15 AM
jrr18 posted...
NoelXYeul posted...

And even if you kill it a dragon eats you anyway.

No, he sucker punches your sorry ass into a wall.
---
#159SlimeSwayzePosted 2/26/2013 9:38:43 AM
No need to apologize for being a fool.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#160BaalbusterxboxPosted 2/26/2013 9:53:26 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Baalbusterxbox posted...
Warpick + leo

That is a sexy combo :)

Dat 1800 damage stunlock.

Yeah it takes a lot of people by surprise, the movesets not bad at all, quick recovery... And yes that stunlock is powerful
---
War pick + leo