This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#161rdking96Posted 2/26/2013 10:59:20 AM(edited)
I did not enjoy Dark Souls. I found the combat and controls in general to be quite clunky. I don't mind difficult games. In fact I embrace them. I play DMC all the time on PS2. Perhaps I am partial to faster paced, fluid games like DMC rather than the slower combat that's found in Dark Souls. Who knows. Either way, I will not be playing that game anymore!

EDIT: Another turn off for me was the look of the menus. I know that's a dumb complaint but I literally felt like I was starting a PS1 game that I paid $60 for. Overall, I did not find it to be an enticing menu. Certainly a good tactic on the developers part to scare off all of the casual players!
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#162true_gamer80Posted 2/26/2013 10:58:15 AM
the kicker is its hype comes from its diff yet the games arent even that hard lol....far from the hardest by miles, a game where the vast majority of ppl play beat it is not a hard game ppl....

Just goes to show most ppl dont challenge themselves with other games, play on normal etc etc.....to this day Im baffled by all the "DS is hard talk" Ive never seen so many ppl beat or plat a "hard" game.

Its what happenes when the main stream market latches onto a game and the second they cant fly through a game and call it a day they label it hard.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#163FaycelessPosted 2/26/2013 10:59:47 AM
A more appropriate topic title would be, "Demon/Dark Souls isn't really my thing"

But then, appropriately titled topics don't get as much attention as troll-titled topics, so I guess I understand.
#164CBASH13Posted 2/26/2013 11:03:17 AM
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

Maybe it's not for you. Get over it.
---
It is what it is
#165IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 11:07:13 AM
CBASH13 posted...
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#166true_gamer80Posted 2/26/2013 11:09:43 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
CBASH13 posted...

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.

haha and this is what Im talking about...its not hard....mainstream market calls these games "hardcore" lol....they are not even that hard lol.....classic
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#167metfan57Posted 2/26/2013 11:11:05 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
CBASH13 posted...

This

No offense, but the people defending the game haven't retorted with anything but that cheap and immature statement. Perhaps someone can dislike something for more than one reason.
---
Zach galifianakis is a dying cancer patient, on patrol??
Rolling on to ABC this summer comes a new kind of comedy!
#168Stanger5150Posted 2/26/2013 11:13:48 AM
If you think Dark Souls could be the worst game of all time, you need to play more games!

Start with:

Superman 64
Big Rigs
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Super Pitfall
Pit-Fighter
Spy Hunter II
VR Powerboat Racing
Batman Forever
Ford vs Chevy
Night Trap

If you still think Dark Souls could be the worst game of all time, objectively, there's no hope for you.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish, Sonic 2 & Knuckles, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Operation C, Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
#169ObsidusPosted 2/26/2013 11:17:53 AM
How the HELL did so many people fall for this nonsense? *baffled* The moment he said it was the most overrated game of all time I knew that something was up; when he said they were the WORST games ever, the troll flag raised high. And what was his reasoning? Another person that doesn't know the difference between cheapness and challenge? Please, this couldn't be anymore of a pretentious, pointless, run of the mill, self-righteous whine thread, the likes of which have been around about the two games since they came out.
---
Cultivating an immunity to rebuttal is not a substitute for being correct.
#170XcZeus3469Posted 2/26/2013 11:18:30 AM
656stooge posted...
Fact: FFVII and D Souls are rated so highly because they are some of the best games ever made. Ever.

The only way they could be considered overrated is if you claimed they were bigger than Jesus. And if Jesus was real.

Jesus was real though. Theres non-christian historical accounts of his living. You can debate if he was God or not, but you cant debate he existed
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977