This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#171metfan57Posted 2/26/2013 11:20:06 AM
XcZeus3469 posted...
656stooge posted...
Fact: FFVII and D Souls are rated so highly because they are some of the best games ever made. Ever.

The only way they could be considered overrated is if you claimed they were bigger than Jesus. And if Jesus was real.

Jesus was real though. Theres non-christian historical accounts of his living. You can debate if he was God or not, but you cant debate he existed

Oh god you shouldn't have responded, now this thread could erupt. haha
---
Zach galifianakis is a dying cancer patient, on patrol??
Rolling on to ABC this summer comes a new kind of comedy!
#172CBASH13Posted 2/26/2013 11:20:42 AM
You know why these games aren't for the masses? Because they weren't designed like most games these days.

A dumbed down difficulty level and hand holding doesn't belong in the Souls games. These games test your patience. Try playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on the NES. The Souls games take a page out of the old school games playbook of "If you fail try, try, and try again".

Is it annoying? Frustrating? At times infuriating? Yes, of course it is. But you know what? It's 100x more rewarding when you beat that boss or get by those phantoms.

Just do everyone a favor and take your ignorance to the WiiU board. They'd be happy to hear your cries.
---
It is what it is
#173BaalbusterxboxPosted 2/26/2013 11:21:56 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
There is good difficulty and then there is bad difficulty.

Dark Souls is a game with bad difficulty.

In a game where dieing is required, having to fight your way through monsters that ALL respawn instantly when you die isn't a good game. Its a horrible design and the only reason people think its unique is because 99% of games this gen are ridiculously easy.

Not only am I going to go as far as to say its possibly the most overrated game ever, but maybe the worst game of all-time as well. If you take away the game's needless punishing of players, its a 5/10 game. Hear me out.

Lets say the default difficulty of Dark Souls is as easy as say, the default difficulty of Skyrim or Mass Effect 3. If this were the case, Demon/Dark Souls would have a meta score of about 65/100.

It does NOT a thing unique besides the difficulty. It has some of the worst UI and menu interfaces I have ever seen in a video game.

And no, the game hasn't kicked my ass. I've killed a few bosses already and can tell the game wants you to die so you "learn" how to play.

I'll never ever support a game like this. Its cheap and lacks any sort of heart.

Also skyrim is one of the most overrated games, it's a boring repetetive game filled with boring lackluster npcs and less then engaging side quests... The worst type of game IMO, just make it big and stuff as many details as possible regardless of quality... It takes some innovative steps, but it's not even on par with the souls series...definitely one of the most overrated games...

A good rpg would be balburs gate, legend of grim rock etc... Skyrim is just a glorified sandbox with little interesting about it.... Use the reverse logic, if you slimmed down skyrim to the size of either souls game you'd have a real garbage game. Sadly that type of "logic" doesn't work,

you can't say "well y'know if they made it poorly it wouldn't be good" cause you'd sound like an idiot... Which is about what you said.

Where as souls took brevity in its measure and made each segment as good as it could, skyrim took lets just make it huge and look ok...

As for no "heart" you're clearly impatient... Otherwise you wouldn't be able to say that with a straight face... Think of how hard it would be to write a rich story, then dismantle it the way they did... It's very smart the various Lore and how it intertwines .. Most people who play the game will end up if asked with "who's knight king rendall?" While complaining the game has no story
---
War pick + leo
#174IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 11:28:17 AM
metfan57 posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
CBASH13 posted...
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

Maybe it's not for you. Get over it.

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.

No offense, but the people defending the game haven't retorted with anything but that cheap and immature statement. Perhaps someone can dislike something for more than one reason.

Though the main reason why everyone is raging about it is the difficulty. You don't run like a sword swinging fool and completely slaughter everything, you take you time learning your enemey's moves, strengths and weaknesses so you can exploit them. The menu issue? It works if you have a crapton of items and equipment with you. It takes getting used to, sure, but considering the fact that they were made with constant online where anyone can invade you at anytime in mind, it works. It also doesn't help the fact that most of the games made last gen was easy as hell, so when a game with actually difficulty comes, everyone thinks that it sucks.

TL:DR

Souls games are not for everyone, but getting used to the mechanics will improve your time with it.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#175PHEEliNUXPosted 2/26/2013 11:29:05 AM
Overrated? Yes, Most overrated? lolno
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#176true_gamer80Posted 2/26/2013 11:33:54 AM(edited)
You know why these games aren't for the masses

it is made for the masses....more so the sequel....I think the numbers shipped and sold show this, not saying thats bad or goodbut to sit here and say one of the most popular sereies this gen isnt for the masses when everyone talks about them is just silly, Im sorry

Its a challenging game made for the masses and labeled hardest of the hard....which its not and the masses eat it right up...this topic is proof as is so many others where ppl are saying its hardcore or super hard etc etc.....its a fun series imo, none of my posts are meant to put the games themselves down but this pretending or thinking its so hard of a game and its challenge is epic or whatever needs to just stop, if you want to say a game is crazy hard, hardcore etc pick a game where most ppl that play it dont or can beat it....I guess the def of hard or hardcore doesnt mean the same thing anymore?

You want to talk hardcore...start naming games where the vast majorty of ppl will never beat it cause its you know actually to hard for most ppl.....a hardcore game in other words...theres games out that literally curb stomp the living **** out of this game diff wise. This game or series is not that hard, more challenging then your average game sure but this crazy hard or hardcore...I dont think so lol

Challenging game yes, a hard, really hard or hardcore game...I dont think so, if millions(literally) of ppl are beating/platting a game that should be your first clue it may not be as hard as hardcore as many pretend it is.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#177IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 11:32:54 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
CBASH13 posted...
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.

haha and this is what Im talking about...its not hard....mainstream market calls these games "hardcore" lol....they are not even that hard lol.....classic

You know, because having a boss that has all of his attacks fricken explode and kill your sorry ass in one hit until you learn his attackspeed, the radius of the explosion, find out that magic hurts him more than a dinky sword, and see the one move that leaves him open all while dodging him isn't "hard".
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#178true_gamer80Posted 2/26/2013 11:43:43 AM(edited)
true_gamer80 posted...
CBASH13 posted...

This

haha and this is what Im talking about...its not hard....mainstream market calls these games "hardcore" lol....they are not even that hard lol.....classic

You know, because having a boss that has all of his attacks fricken explode and kill your sorry ass in one hit until you learn his attackspeed, the radius of the explosion, find out that magic hurts him more than a dinky sword, and see the one move that leaves him open all while dodging him isn't "hard".

I didnt say the game is a complete a cake walk, once you learn what to do its actually quite easy..its has ts challenges but again I will say over and over when millions of ppl can and do beat and plat a game or series....this is the first clue showing some that perhaps the game really isnt all that hard lol

Everyone that thinks this series is so hard and those of you that beat it....go play say NGS2, go plat that....odds are none of you will beable too....want to know why, cause thats what you call hard....its not a manstream "hardcore", it is hardcore. I can continue to name plenty of games that curb stomp the living **** out of this series difficulty....games where most wont be able to beat or plat cause you know hard actaully means hard....

Again Im not slamming this series, I own and like em, its just this labeling it a hardcore game, super hard when most of the ppl that play it do indeed beat it isnt what I would say hard or a hardcore game, I reserve those labels for actually hard games, ones that really provide a challengge, so much so mmost wont be able to beat on its hardest diff.

---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#179justchill433Posted 2/26/2013 11:36:22 AM
Wait a minute, so you are saying that a game designed around being hard would suck if it was made really easy? Well, duh. That would be like designing a game around platforming and then taking away the ability to jump. Kind of defeats the purpose, eh?
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#180flame030191Posted 2/26/2013 11:40:07 AM
justchill433 posted...
Wait a minute, so you are saying that a game designed around being hard would suck if it was made really easy? Well, duh. That would be like designing a game around platforming and then taking away the ability to jump. Kind of defeats the purpose, eh?

Its more of the fact that everyone claims it brings a ton new to the table. All it brings is cheap difficulty and online.

Story? Every other RPG actually focuses more on it than this

Prison? Check. In fact, Elder Scrolls is known for starting you off as a prisoner

Undead? Check.

Dragons? Check

Tons of items? Check

In fact, a lot of these features other games do better than the Souls series.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.