This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#181IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 10:41:42 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
CBASH13 posted...
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

Maybe it's not for you. Get over it.

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.

haha and this is what Im talking about...its not hard....mainstream market calls these games "hardcore" lol....they are not even that hard lol.....classic

You know, because having a boss that has all of his attacks fricken explode and kill your sorry ass in one hit until you learn his attackspeed, the radius of the explosion, find out that magic hurts him more than a dinky sword, and see the one move that leaves him open all while dodging him isn't "hard".

ever said wasnt a cake walk, once you learn what to do its actually quite easy.. I will say over and over when millions of ppl can and do beat and plat a game or series....this is the first clue showing some that perhaps the game really isnt all that hard lol

It isn't hard if you know what you are doing, or you played NES/SNES games. If you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES, of course the Souls games won't be hard, you beat an even harder game. I blame all off the "Hand holding button mashing games with checkpoints every 10 minutes even on the hardest difficulty" is what is affecting the current generation of gamers.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#182justchill433Posted 2/26/2013 10:49:10 AM
justchill433 posted...
Wait a minute, so you are saying that a game designed around being hard would suck if it was made really easy? Well, duh. That would be like designing a game around platforming and then taking away the ability to jump. Kind of defeats the purpose, eh?

Its more of the fact that everyone claims it brings a ton new to the table. All it brings is cheap difficulty and online.

Story? Every other RPG actually focuses more on it than this

Prison? Check. In fact, Elder Scrolls is known for starting you off as a prisoner

Undead? Check.

Dragons? Check

Tons of items? Check

In fact, a lot of these features other games do better than the Souls series.

I wouldn't call it cheap difficulty. Yeah, when you first start off you'll be running around like a chicken with its head cut off, but once you get used to the only reason you die is because you became careless. The game requires a lot of patience, and it seems people have less patience now than they did in the old days. Funny you should bring up Elder Scrolls, a game that has been nearly unplayable due to glitches in practically every game in the series so far. I'll take Demon's Souls over a shoddy game from a crap developer any day.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#183awsdfrgtyPosted 2/26/2013 10:49:45 AM
It isn't hard if you know what you are doing, or you played NES/SNES games. If you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES, of course the Souls games won't be hard, you beat an even harder game. I blame all off the "Hand holding button mashing games with checkpoints every 10 minutes even on the hardest difficulty" is what is affecting the current generation of gamers.

i agree man
#184true_gamer80Posted 2/26/2013 10:54:29 AM
"It isn't hard if you know what you are doing, or you played NES/SNES games. If you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES, of course the Souls games won't be hard, you beat an even harder game. I blame all off the "Hand holding button mashing games with checkpoints every 10 minutes even on the hardest difficulty" is what is affecting the current generation of gamers"

theres alot of games out there from this gen that I myself find provide a far far far greater challenge thn this series does, in fact even though I grew up back then I wasnt even thinking of games from back in the day, I was thinking of current gen titles, ones where many who play cant beat on the respected diff levels or plat, really hard games, not ones where millions of ppl beat and then say its hardcore.

Im sorry if I offended anyone, not my intent, I like and enjoy this series, I myself just dont think its diff is anything special at all, let alone label t as a hardcore game. Plenty of other harder games out there, some make this seem like a cakewalk even
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#185justchill433Posted 2/26/2013 10:58:14 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
CBASH13 posted...
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

Maybe it's not for you. Get over it.

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.

haha and this is what Im talking about...its not hard....mainstream market calls these games "hardcore" lol....they are not even that hard lol.....classic

You know, because having a boss that has all of his attacks fricken explode and kill your sorry ass in one hit until you learn his attackspeed, the radius of the explosion, find out that magic hurts him more than a dinky sword, and see the one move that leaves him open all while dodging him isn't "hard".

I didnt say the game is a complete a cake walk, once you learn what to do its actually quite easy..its has ts challenges but again I will say over and over when millions of ppl can and do beat and plat a game or series....this is the first clue showing some that perhaps the game really isnt all that hard lol

Everyone that thinks this series is so hard and those of you that beat it....go play say NGS2, go plat that....odds are none of you will beable too....want to know why, cause thats what you call hard....its not a manstream "hardcore", it is hardcore. I can continue to name plenty of games that curb stomp the living **** out of this series difficulty....games where most wont be able to beat or plat cause you know hard actaully means hard....

Again Im not slamming this series, I own and like em, its just this labeling it a hardcore game, super hard when most of the ppl that play it do indeed beat it isnt what I would say hard or a hardcore game, I reserve those labels for actually hard games, ones that really provide a challengge, so much so mmost wont be able to beat on its hardest diff.

It definitely is hard. Sure, by your standards it isn't, but you're comparing it to NES games in which the difficulty was stupidly high. You know why a lot of games back then were that hard? They were designed in the fashion of arcade games which weren't supposed to be beaten (or at least cause you to waste massive amounts of quarters). That's just bad game design when you have a console that doesn't take money to play each time and isn't limited to very short games.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#186IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 11:00:36 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
"It isn't hard if you know what you are doing, or you played NES/SNES games. If you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES, of course the Souls games won't be hard, you beat an even harder game. I blame all off the "Hand holding button mashing games with checkpoints every 10 minutes even on the hardest difficulty" is what is affecting the current generation of gamers"

theres alot of games out there from this gen that I myself find provide a far far far greater challenge thn this series does, in fact even though I grew up back then I wasnt even thinking of games from back in the day, I was thinking of current gen titles, ones where many who play cant beat on the respected diff levels or plat, really hard games, not ones where millions of ppl beat and then say its hardcore.

Im sorry if I offended anyone, not my intent, I like and enjoy this series, I myself just dont think its diff is anything special at all, let alone label t as a hardcore game. Plenty of other harder games out there, some make this seem like a cakewalk even

You didn't offend me, I believe that the Monster Hunter Series are even more difficult than the Souls games. It's just that I'm sick and tired of all of the hate these great games get.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#187Marnex15Posted 2/26/2013 11:01:20 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
once you learn what to do its actually quite easy.

Wow, really? You mean to say that once you learn what to do....you'll know what to do? Amazing. What doesn't that apply to exactly?

There are no truly "hard" games out there. They all require some type of memorization and pattern recognition that all come with sufficient practice. This applies to games like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry as well. It's a fundamental "flaw" in anything that has AI.

If you really want to go "hardcore", go beyond anything AI could ever pull off. Go competitive, with actual human beings. Play Starcraft in tournaments or fighting games. That's where the true difficulty is in, because regardless of how good you are, there's always someone that's going to be better than you.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#188ToadWarriorPosted 2/26/2013 11:04:16 AM
Lmfao, DS is way harder than Ninja Gaiden, new or classic.

I can beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on NES in like less than an hour.

As for NG Black and NG 2....
Those games are pretty tough, but I bet they have higher completion percentages than Dark or Demon's Souls.

I know literally TONS of people who own Dark Souls and never even got to Anor Londo.
#189bsmooth_84Posted 2/26/2013 11:04:52 AM
Lemme guess...TC is under 21
#190ToadWarriorPosted 2/26/2013 11:08:00 AM
Also Gamefaqs is a terrible place to have this discussion, because 90% of people on the forum use guides/strategies they read online to find the best weapons etc. Then they say "that game wasn't even hard."

It's called playing a game without encyclopedic knowledge of it beforehand... You guys should try it some time.