This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#191IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 12:08:27 PM
ToadWarrior posted...
Lmfao, DS is way harder than Ninja Gaiden, new or classic.

I can beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on NES in like less than an hour.

As for NG Black and NG 2....
Those games are pretty tough, but I bet they have higher completion percentages than Dark or Demon's Souls.

I know literally TONS of people who own Dark Souls and never even got to Anor Londo.

That's because of the bullcrap that's called Blighttown.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#192An_Error_MackroPosted 2/26/2013 12:18:16 PM
ToadWarrior posted...
Also Gamefaqs is a terrible place to have this discussion, because 90% of people on the forum use guides/strategies they read online to find the best weapons etc. Then they say "that game wasn't even hard."

It's called playing a game without encyclopedic knowledge of it beforehand... You guys should try it some time.

I never use guides for my first run though of games. I can't say I exactly had a tough time past the first two stages.
#193Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/26/2013 12:21:13 PM
I had zero interest in this series because of the ridiculous difficulty but I give them credit for being honest about how hard of a game it is.
#194Stanger5150Posted 2/26/2013 12:31:33 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
CBASH13 posted...
Wah wah wah! This game is too hard, wah! I'm going to make excuses about the game to make myself feel better because I suck at it, wah!

Maybe it's not for you. Get over it.

This

The Souls games are for hardcore players. If you don't like it, fine, just don't go insulting it and its fans like a damn 4 year old.

haha and this is what Im talking about...its not hard....mainstream market calls these games "hardcore" lol....they are not even that hard lol.....classic

You know, because having a boss that has all of his attacks fricken explode and kill your sorry ass in one hit until you learn his attackspeed, the radius of the explosion, find out that magic hurts him more than a dinky sword, and see the one move that leaves him open all while dodging him isn't "hard".

I didnt say the game is a complete a cake walk, once you learn what to do its actually quite easy..its has ts challenges but again I will say over and over when millions of ppl can and do beat and plat a game or series....this is the first clue showing some that perhaps the game really isnt all that hard lol

Everyone that thinks this series is so hard and those of you that beat it....go play say NGS2, go plat that....odds are none of you will beable too....want to know why, cause thats what you call hard....its not a manstream "hardcore", it is hardcore. I can continue to name plenty of games that curb stomp the living **** out of this series difficulty....games where most wont be able to beat or plat cause you know hard actaully means hard....

Again Im not slamming this series, I own and like em, its just this labeling it a hardcore game, super hard when most of the ppl that play it do indeed beat it isnt what I would say hard or a hardcore game, I reserve those labels for actually hard games, ones that really provide a challengge, so much so mmost wont be able to beat on its hardest diff.

I agree with you. It seems like old-school gamers are the ones who laugh when the Souls series is called the "hardest game ever" or something similar.

Also, I would challenge someone who brags about beating Sigma 2 to beat Battletoads.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish, Sonic 2 & Knuckles, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Operation C, Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
#195kreedersPosted 2/26/2013 12:34:12 PM
for ME it is overrated but that is MY take on it, and I agree with TC but that does not mean others dont like it, so to them its is a great game.

I liked Golden axe Beast rider other hate it, i like Kensi and hate criticom but others will be the other way around.
#196ToadWarriorPosted 2/26/2013 12:39:33 PM
To be fair, Battletoads was basically an arcade game where you can't use coins to pick up right where you died... Which made it ludicrously difficult.

NG1-3 and Castlevania 1, and even SMB3 are a fairer comparison, and they arent really that tough compared to NG Black, or NG2, or even the non special edition of DMC3
#197Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/26/2013 12:41:58 PM
ToadWarrior posted...
To be fair, Battletoads was basically an arcade game where you can't use coins to pick up right where you died... Which made it ludicrously difficult.

NG1-3 and Castlevania 1, and even SMB3 are a fairer comparison, and they arent really that tough compared to NG Black, or NG2, or even the non special edition of DMC3

Uhg, that hover bike level in Battletoads still brings back bad memories. :(
#198sonic_rockzPosted 2/26/2013 12:43:01 PM
Finally someone said it.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#199Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/26/2013 12:47:41 PM
Demon's and by association Dark Souls are definitely at the bottom of my list for this gen. I don't play games for difficulty and the games have nothing going for them besides difficulty.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#200SkandraePosted 2/26/2013 12:58:47 PM
Skyrim is by far the most overrated game of all time.
The Souls series is still relatively niche.
---
Witty game-related comment.