This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#21656stoogePosted 2/26/2013 2:26:10 AM
Fact: FFVII and D Souls are rated so highly because they are some of the best games ever made. Ever.

The only way they could be considered overrated is if you claimed they were bigger than Jesus. And if Jesus was real.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#22TehAssasinPosted 2/26/2013 2:29:31 AM
Try Aliens: Colonial Marines or Drake of the 99 Dragons, then come back and tell me Dark Souls is the worst game of all time.
#23wolfgard hannusenPosted 2/26/2013 2:38:19 AM
I've only played for maybe 45 minutes.
Was very repetitive Hack and Slash.
May get to it again someday though I'm not looking forward to it.
---
World Record Holder Best Score Dynasty Tactics 2,16 Gold 99,999's Vs 10.
#24OoSubaruoOPosted 2/26/2013 2:41:11 AM
k.
#25kel25Posted 2/26/2013 2:43:32 AM
Jiminip posted...

Clearly the game DID kick your ass because only people who fail at it don't like it.

I'd guess that you're also cheap and lacking heart.

I can't speak for Dark Souls, never played it, but Demon's Souls is highly overrated and far easier than most people like to claim. I would consider it among the easier platinums I've ever got and I did it long before most of the people here even played the game.

The only people that think this lackluster game is difficult are those that don't take their time with the game. Other than that the game fell short in almost every area but the worst was the nearly nonexistent story. I've played CCGs that had more story in the flavor text on the cards. The combat is no where near as complex as people like to claim because a simple dodge/counter attack or ranged attacks with magic is all you need in the game.

The only thing that I felt was really good about the game was the opening video.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#26FreedomOfToughtPosted 2/26/2013 2:43:50 AM
i think this game is overrated too,it's a very good game but nowhere near the masterpiece people say it is.
That being said,it is stupid to say that without the unique difficulty it would have been rated lower.Of course it would be,every single game ever released would score lower if you take features out of it,what's the point in this reasoning?none.

Like someone else said in here Monster Hunter has waaaaay better combat mechanics,and the games aren't THAT different combat-wise,therefore in my opinion combat could have been so much more in Dark/Demon Souls,and that alone could have make a very good game into a wonderful game.
#27mjc0961Posted 2/26/2013 2:59:11 AM
Jiminip posted...
Clearly the game DID kick your ass because only people who fail at it don't like it.

I'd guess that you're also cheap and lacking heart.

And this is why Souls fanboys are the worst fanboys in the universe. It's always "You hate it because you died" with you people, your tiny brains can't fathom that someone could be good at it and still dislike it.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#28CarpetfluffPosted 2/26/2013 2:59:47 AM
My theory is that there are plenty of people who do relish the full on challenge the games offer, or seem to, as I still don't think Dark Souls especially is as hard as it's made out to be once you learn it a bit . Anyway, word of mouth spread from those players and then everyone adopts that attitude that there's this hardcore game that you have to love to prove your gaming mettle. I'd honestly wager that half the people who say they love it actually do, but probably have never seen more than a third of the actual game.

It's like this recent DmC hate (for the actual gameplay, not the story and design). The number of people that could play DMC 3 for example to the high level you can see in some Youtube videos is fairly small, but everyone else thinks if they don't sound like they need to argue for mechanics in a game, that most of them would never even know about let alone use, then they won't sound like proper gamers.

Anyway, it's not that I think the Souls games are overrated, but I do think a large number of people say they enjoy them more than they actually do, just to 'fit in'.
#29mjc0961Posted 2/26/2013 3:00:03 AM
kel25 posted...
I can't speak for Dark Souls, never played it, but Demon's Souls is highly overrated and far easier than most people like to claim. I would consider it among the easier platinums I've ever got and I did it long before most of the people here even played the game.

The only people that think this lackluster game is difficult are those that don't take their time with the game. Other than that the game fell short in almost every area but the worst was the nearly nonexistent story. I've played CCGs that had more story in the flavor text on the cards. The combat is no where near as complex as people like to claim because a simple dodge/counter attack or ranged attacks with magic is all you need in the game.

The only thing that I felt was really good about the game was the opening video.

See, you have the platinum, but at least one sad little fanboy is still going to say that you disliked it because you sucked at it.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#30bad3ip420Posted 2/26/2013 3:02:43 AM
You're very wrong TC. DS is nowhere near awful. It's somewhere between good-great. I finished my first playthrough at the 90 hour mark. Some bosses took me a couple of hours, especially the four kings where I stopped playing for a month just to get a breather.

I feel that your hate on the game is based on the fact that it is a REAL GAME. This generation is filled with games for the eyes and not of the mind. Gamers have been indoctrinated to this standard; A real game appearing is obviously going to receive negative feedback.

My advice? If you feel that you can't advance in DS, despite the time that you spent replaying, take a reaaaaaaaaaaaly long break. I promise you, it will help in clearing the game.