This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#291joeharamatheoPosted 2/26/2013 9:37:00 PM
scrub QQ is scrubby
#292JiminipPosted 2/27/2013 12:05:19 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
"wow that is just..........ugh......here you take the controller back."

'I want all my stuff and I want to be in the same place when I die.'

I bet you wish all games were like that don't you, no threat or punishment for death = no tension = boring.

There has to be a threat in a game otherwise it gets old fast. That's why a few of you in this topic can't comprehend how amazing Demons Souls truly is.

You just go 'ugh too much penalty for death and I'm a little pu***.'
---
'Even with an IQ of 6000, it's still brown trouser time.'
#293NoelXYeulPosted 2/27/2013 1:38:52 AM(edited)
I know, reading the last responses to my post perhaps I went into the game expecting it to hold my hand. I guess the thing that stood out most to me was whoever left that "Not this place again." in plain sight for me, not even 20 minutes into the game to see. I can pretty much respect a person who enjoys this game more than one who plays FPS games all day. I'm just used to gradual difficulty increases, a game that is basic and a cake walk in the beginning, and then becomes a nightmare by the end is my ideal game. In my limited game design experience, that sort of thing is quite hard to pull off.
---
Top 5 Hottest Cutest/Final Fantasy Girls IMO: Yuel>>Garnet>>Vanille>>Rikku>>Penelo
Top 3 Final Fantasies: XIII-2>IX>Tactics
#294WATAUGACJPosted 2/27/2013 1:59:26 PM
get gud scrubz
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#295CyborgTwentyPosted 3/2/2013 11:25:44 AM
yes it is.
#296IronticsDragonLPosted 3/2/2013 11:28:07 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
yes it is.

YOU BASTARD! YOU BUMPED THE DAMN THREAD!
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 NNID: IronticsDragonL
#297DuneManPosted 3/2/2013 12:26:23 PM
Here's what you all need to know about how most conversations centered on Souls games play out on non-Souls boards:

Hater - the Souls games are terribad, having enemies repawn when you die is horrible, the deaths are cheap, and the combat system is so clunky

Fan - enemies respawning when you die is no different than loading a save game or continuing from a checkpoint in another title, in fact most levels have shortcuts to be found that let you bypass sections you've already visited, furthermore a lot of areas in the game are deceptively short once you take a moment to visualize the layouts in your head, as for the deaths being cheap most of the death traps can be spotted with observation of your environment, enemy behaviors can be observed in the same way to ensure that you rarely die in fights, as for the combat system the Souls games are designed so that combat motions are deliberate and carry a sense of weight and mass behind them, players are rewarded for precision and knowing what strikes to use and when

Hater - nuh uh, dying is cheap and respawning enemies way cheaper, no one in their right mind should buy this terribad excuse for a game

Fan - *must seriously consider holding back the urge to just rip the Hater a new one for being so adamantly dumb and grossly incorrect*

Instead of the Hater admitting that they are wrong and endeavoring to correct their behavior, they double down on the dumb and insist that Souls fans are just 'arrogant'. After a while a number of Fans get numb to the thought of wasting another logical and well thought out reply when the Hater simply will not listen, so they instead say something like 'suck less you noob', knowing that they'll be seen as arrogant no matter what they say.

The crux of the issue is that the Hater confuses their personal taste in video games with the objective quality of a game.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao