This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#41LordrvPosted 2/26/2013 5:05:14 AM
I'm sorry, but CoD / BF and every other me too military fps are the most overrated games of all-time... Not to mention Joe Madden.
#42Infinity_DragonPosted 2/26/2013 5:06:49 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
That's a weird way to spell "Final Fantasy VII".

This is neither clever nor true.
---
Praise the sun!
#43theGodPantiesPosted 2/26/2013 5:07:13 AM
Looks like you died at the title screen again TC

Got to love the übernoobers on here.
---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium
#44dudupupuPosted 2/26/2013 5:11:17 AM
That title goes to Xenoblade...sorry, but Dark Souls is actually the best game ever created!
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#45NicodimusPosted 2/26/2013 5:12:26 AM(edited)
I don't think that dying is required, but I think the penalty is too harsh. Maybe if your souls were not everything all in one, this would be less of a problem. I would be down with some xp loss or money loss, but as it is, you lose everything with one false step. That's a bit draconian, IMO, and it discourages exploration.

---
"I am not tacking up my living quarters with gaming machines -- I'm not 12. This isn't a damn bedroom with bunk beds and star wars posters in it."
#46Fox133Posted 2/26/2013 5:16:11 AM
I never played Demon Souls but I did play Dark Souls and it became one of my favorite games of all time. I don't know what it is about the game that makes me love it, but its not just because its difficult. Dark souls frustrated the hell out of me and I quit playing a few times because it was so hard, but I ended up getting every achievement on the 360 version because I became so addicted to it.
#47XiammesPosted 2/26/2013 5:16:25 AM
Demons Souls and Dark Souls games are very easy, I can understand where some people might think its hard, but after the first play through and you have a understanding of the game, you realize how easy the games are.

The real draw of the games are the online and pvp, I have spent at least 100 hours invading on Demons Soul's and a good 40 hours on Dark Souls. The single player portions of these games are nothing special other then the boss battles and excellent level design.
#48Fox133Posted 2/26/2013 5:19:16 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
There is good difficulty and then there is bad difficulty.
In a game where dieing is required, having to fight your way through monsters that ALL respawn instantly when you die isn't a good game.

Isn't that how every old NES, SNES, and Genesis game was made? All enemies would respawn when you died in Mario, Contra, Vectorman... pretty much every platformer.
#49656stoogePosted 2/26/2013 5:19:48 AM
Nicodimus posted...
I don't think that dying is required, but I think the penalty is too harsh. Maybe if your souls were not everything all in one, this would be less of a problem. I would be down with some xp loss or money loss, but as it is, you lose everything with one false step. That's a bit draconian, IMO, and it discourages exploration.

The thing is that it seems harsh when you first start out. Later you realise just how unimportant the souls you lose are. You can easily farm for thousands of souls if you ever feel under-levelled, and the souls you get from beating bosses and the enemies on the way to them are more than enough.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#50Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/26/2013 5:24:31 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
There is good difficulty and then there is bad difficulty.

Dark Souls is a game with bad difficulty.

In a game where dieing is required, having to fight your way through monsters that ALL respawn instantly when you die isn't a good game. Its a horrible design and the only reason people think its unique is because 99% of games this gen are ridiculously easy.

Not only am I going to go as far as to say its possibly the most overrated game ever, but maybe the worst game of all-time as well. If you take away the game's needless punishing of players, its a 5/10 game. Hear me out.

Lets say the default difficulty of Dark Souls is as easy as say, the default difficulty of Skyrim or Mass Effect 3. If this were the case, Demon/Dark Souls would have a meta score of about 65/100.

It does NOT a thing unique besides the difficulty. It has some of the worst UI and menu interfaces I have ever seen in a video game.

And no, the game hasn't kicked my ass. I've killed a few bosses already and can tell the game wants you to die so you "learn" how to play.

I'll never ever support a game like this. Its cheap and lacks any sort of heart.

(Bold Part)
You have either not played the games at all, or didn't pay attention, or are trolling, or are lying.

Nothing unique?
What about the completely unique online features, player hint system, tendency system, summoning system, invading system, etc etc etc?
What about the Soul/Body system?
What about the smart level design?
The unique Art Style?

I'm sorry, but you're 100% wrong.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world