This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sorry, but Demon/Dark Souls may be the most overrated game of all-time

#61Toxicum_SPosted 2/26/2013 5:01:13 AM
If YOU dont like game, it doesnt mean what this game is "overrated.".
Your opinion have some weight only for you, we all have our own opinions.
And if so many people think this game is good - its good, no matter how much you dislike it.
And i think this "overrated" term is stupid by itself.
#62baron1232Posted 2/26/2013 5:09:20 AM
Well, I would never say this game is overrated, more overhyped. Don't get me wrong, I love DaS, but once you learn the mechanics, it does get a ton easier. That doesn't mean that you can't easily sink hours upon hours trying out new weapons, builds, finding secrets, the music, and enjoying the general dark atmosphere around. To me, (not to sound dumb) but DaS is more of an experience than an actual game. Only relying on yourself and your wits (on the first playthrough) is the main point about this game. You're a lonely character just wandering this giant city trying to survive.

Also, dying isn't required in DaS, if you aren't in a "I Need to Kill Everything" mentality you're fine.
...Unless it's Bed of Chaos. Then yes, dying is required.
---
If someone came up to you and said "Stand here and hold this. Get ready for science," how could you say no?
#63GXL_LeonPosted 2/26/2013 5:12:02 AM
IDK demon souls...
But for Dark Souls... its not a game for randoms, casuals, semi casuals gamers
im 29, ive finished countless games and I can say that Dark Souls is the best game I've played this gen... more than 200 hours... (thats more than a FF game)
Never a game can get this ammount of hours not being a FF from me...
Maybe you have to be hardcore to like it...
or maybe is just a matter of taste...
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#64IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 5:14:39 AM
GXL_Leon posted...
IDK demon souls...
But for Dark Souls... its not a game for randoms, casuals, semi casuals gamers
im 29, ive finished countless games and I can say that Dark Souls is the best game I've played this gen... more than 200 hours... (thats more than a FF game)
Never a game can get this ammount of hours not being a FF from me...
Maybe you have to be hardcore to like it...
or maybe is just a matter of taste...

Actually, quite a bit of people say that Demon souls is harder than Dark Souls. Flamelurker is our Bed of Chaos, and dying isn't required.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#65656stoogePosted 2/26/2013 5:17:12 AM
People keep saying Flamelurker is hard, but every time I've fought him he's gotten himself stuck on some part of the level and allowed me a bunch of free hits.

Bed of Chaos, on the other-hand, is pure cheap.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#66GXL_LeonPosted 2/26/2013 5:19:54 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
Actually, quite a bit of people say that Demon souls is harder than Dark Souls. Flamelurker is our Bed of Chaos, and dying isn't required.

I dont have a PS3 so I cant play demons... T_T
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#67D_FenestrationXPosted 2/26/2013 5:20:53 AM
Lordrv posted...
I'm sorry, but CoD / BF and every other me too military fps are the most overrated games of all-time... Not to mention Joe Madden.

When did the manager of the Rays get his own baseball game?
#68LordOfCinderPosted 2/26/2013 5:22:04 AM
Lol look at this mad casual. Learn to play games before thinking you have the right to judge them.
---
"And the original Mass Effect is absolutely an Xbox 360 exclusive, making Xbox 360 the only place to get the full Mass Effect experience."- Microsoft
#69IronticsDragonLPosted 2/26/2013 5:22:36 AM
656stooge posted...
People keep saying Flamelurker is hard, but every time I've fought him he's gotten himself stuck on some part of the level and allowed me a bunch of free hits.

Bed of Chaos, on the other-hand, is pure cheap.

You're a lucky bastard.

GXL_Leon posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...

I dont have a PS3 so I cant play demons... T_T

I lost my copy. :(
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#70LK_MASTER_GAMERPosted 2/26/2013 5:29:57 AM
They are both awesome and deserve all it`s fans IMO
---
Sometimes I can`t see the value in fighting...There`s no profit in the enemies here, It`s a waste of time!