This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EX Nintendo fans, what made you jump ship?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. EX Nintendo fans, what made you jump ship?
2 years ago#1
I was a Nintendo fanboy until about a year ago. Sure, I'll still get Monster Hunter and Devil Survivor, but I just don't trust them anymore. Unless the Xenoblade sequel is the best thing ever, not getting a a Wii U The final straw for me was Skyward Swords motion control @&%$ and the announcement of about 3 new Mario games

What made you guys quit?
---
Not changing until DeSu: Overclocked gets to Australia.
20/02/13
2 years ago#2
Current Sony and Nintendo gamer here. Havent jumped ship, my job gives me a lot of money and I enjoy both Nintendo and Sony gaming consoles and games!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (WiiU) MH3GHD, (PS3) Awaiting games, (Vita) PSO2
2 years ago#3
Well for Nintendo consoles It was the wii. I have no interest in motion controls whatsoever. If they had stuck with a normal controller instead I would of gotten one. As for the Wii U it doesn't look like it's going to get a lot of 3rd party support. I will stick with my PS3 for a while and then see how the landscape looks for next gen after a few years have passed.

As for handhelds the gameboy advanced SP was my last one. After I saw what the PSP had to offer over the nintendo ds I grabbed a PSP. I now have a vita as well. I do plan on getting a 3DS eventually. I'm just waiting for the XL to drop in price or get one on sale.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
2 years ago#4
FINAL FANTASY VII for Home Consoles.
Dissidia FINAL FANTASY for Handhelds.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
2 years ago#5
I wouldn't say I jumped ship, but they haven't released anything that I'm interested in. Up until the Wii I would still play their console a bit but until they actually come out with something I want I won't be buying the WiiU
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
2 years ago#6
Well I stopped being a nintendo fanboy after the original playstation came out but I still played other Nintendo consoles and handhelds. I wouldn't just stop playing anything by Nintendo, I'd be missing out on too much.
2 years ago#7
Can't be called a fanboy. :)

However, it's only the first party titles I'm interested in, and in general they're always of high quality. (3d mario(galaxy, kart and smash bros)), Zeldas and Metroid). I'll gladly buy a console just to buy those games, even though I'll stick to PC/other consoles for everything else.
---
Im a prad memmber off teh Onlane Kampaing for Rael Inglish. if u bilive in CAPTAL LETERS, corect speling adn guud sentens sturctur, copi tis in youre siggnatur.
2 years ago#8
For me, Gamecube was the last Nintendo product I ever put faith in.

Gamecube started strong, came out swinging but it just... Died, like they didn't put any effort into securing exclusives or making games be the definitive version.

The Wii, being Gamecubes successor just looked like a cheap ass lazy attempt on not upping the bar and its too suffered from the same problem. Lack of exclusives and steam to warrant it's purchase.

To me, its truly sad really because I still love a ton of Nintendo's games (Metroid, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion etc etc) but its clear Nintendo's target isn't me or my likes and that's all it really comes down to.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
2 years ago#9
I came up on the NES and SNES (and Gameboy, to a lesser extent), but switched to the Playstation when it came out. I migrated towards more mature games- and was honestly kind of tired of playing Mario and Zelda over and over again. I still think that Sony and MS make consoles for adults, and Nintendo targets younger gamers (and non-gamers).
---
The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...
2 years ago#10
Genesis. Got it for my birthday loved the color and style over nintendo thought sonic was cooler than Mario.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. EX Nintendo fans, what made you jump ship?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived