This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 news. Diablo III will support offline play. :)

#1xenosaga123Posted 2/26/2013 8:03:55 AM
So there is couch co-op AND single player offline support. :) there's no DRM on the console version. (smart move, they'll earn more sales and fans that way, offline and online. )

Plus PS3 version will have the latest patches and added features ( diablo3.com ) and perhaps more as further development is made for the console port.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-on-ps3-and-ps4-has-offline-play-6404468?

Many PC fans still play Diablo III to this day, which is quadrupled by co-op and charismatic
presentation unmatched by all the lower budget Diablo clones out there.

I'm sure PS3 fans, co-op fans, leveling fans and loot fans will appreciate Diablo III even more so.
#2N00bGamerIsN00bPosted 2/26/2013 8:07:18 AM
They should give people who bought the pc version a free copy for ps3.
#3MlREFOXPosted 2/26/2013 8:08:24 AM(edited)
Mediocre Diablo clones? Recent dungeon crawlers all did Diablo better than Diablo 3. I've got 4 chars at 60 in D3 and can safely say that, while fun, it is not a great game and pales in comparison to Diablo 2 and more recent games like Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile.
#4imsalingawayPosted 2/26/2013 8:08:33 AM
The only thing I want to know is this; can we import our characters from the PC version to the console version? I'm going to farm a good set of gear for a new character if that's the case.
#5Raven_CyarmPosted 2/26/2013 8:08:52 AM
N00bGamerIsN00b posted...
They should give people who bought the pc version a free copy for ps3.

*plays violin*
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#6ManuKesnaPosted 2/26/2013 8:10:55 AM
torchlight 2>
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#7MlREFOXPosted 2/26/2013 8:15:09 AM
imsalingaway posted...
The only thing I want to know is this; can we import our characters from the PC version to the console version? I'm going to farm a good set of gear for a new character if that's the case.

No. Completely separate servers. No cross play and no character importing. IGN has article on it right now.
#8PHEEliNUXPosted 2/26/2013 8:16:18 AM
The only Blizzard game i played was WoW, I might get Diablo 3 when it becomes cheap for PS3
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#9xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:21:56 AM(edited)
imsalingaway posted...

the versions are separate. didn't you read the article?

Besides, why would PC gamers buy console version to do that?

The console version is primarily for pure console gamers, not PC gamers.

and PC gamers that own both, the only reason a PC gamer would buy the console version would be if they want to play couch co-op with local friends or want to play single player offline.

people that want to import their PC characters over to console version to farm good gear for
a new character, is silly.

It takes time starting with fresh characters, but people are just
killing their play time making shortcuts like that. Might as well just hand all fresh characters the best gear automatically, huh?

All that does is make more loot drops have less value taking the shortcut approach to gearing fresh characters. It also reduces the challenge and sense of accomplishment having fresh character earn all their loot themselves.

Just like the RMAH is a bad shortcut that affects the overall gameplay if people use it.
PC gamers want too convenient shortcuts to gearing fresh characters and getting the
better loot immediately.
#10xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:19:43 AM
MlREFOX posted...
Mediocre Diablo clones? Recent dungeon crawlers all did Diablo better than Diablo 3. I've got 4 chars at 60 in D3 and can safely say that, while fun, it is not a great game and pales in comparison to Diablo 2 and more recent games like Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile.

LOL!! Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile lack any degree of charisma.

They are practically generic compared to Diablo III.