This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 news. Diablo III will support offline play. :)

#21toxiclettePosted 2/26/2013 9:49:40 AM
This made my choice even more easy of what console to pick up later this summer, both of my consoles died last year and was going to pick up just one this time.
#22whatnow12012Posted 2/26/2013 10:08:25 AM
Umm the PS4 isnt backwards on PS3 games so you will need a PS3 & PS4 so you might wanna wait until the PS4 has a price drop.

If the PS4 has a 299-399 price range heck even I would get that but above 399 means - no PS4.
#23BahamutBBobPosted 2/26/2013 10:23:38 AM
One thing that really bugged me about Diablo 3 when it was first released, was the lag and disconnects when playing single player.

I'm not gonna buy it on PS3 since I already own it on PC, but still. It's nice that they're doing that.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#24imsalingawayPosted 2/26/2013 10:39:44 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
imsalingaway posted...
The only thing I want to know is this; can we import our characters from the PC version to the console version? I'm going to farm a good set of gear for a new character if that's the case.

the versions are separate. didn't you read the article?

Besides, why would PC gamers buy console version to do that?

The console version is primarily for pure console gamers, not PC gamers.

and PC gamers that own both, the only reason a PC gamer would buy the console version would be if they want to play couch co-op with local friends or want to play single player offline.

people that want to import their PC characters over to console version to farm good gear for
a new character, is silly.

It takes time starting with fresh characters, but people are just
killing their play time making shortcuts like that. Might as well just hand all fresh characters the best gear automatically, huh?

All that does is make more loot drops have less value taking the shortcut approach to gearing fresh characters. It also reduces the challenge and sense of accomplishment having fresh character earn all their loot themselves.

Just like the RMAH is a bad shortcut that affects the overall gameplay if people use it.
PC gamers want too convenient shortcuts to gearing fresh characters and getting the
better loot immediately.

I'm confused. My original statement was exactly "I want to go on the PC version and farm better gear immediately." Why did you type a huge paragraph re-telling me this info? Plus, with there being no competitive multiplayer yet (not even sure if the console version will get PVP) why does it matter if other people give good gear to their low leveled characters? I mean it literally doesn't affect you at all, unless you just hate the idea of others buying the console version and being better faster than you. Personally I'd like to have a +35% exp ring with 200 intellect on my wizard at level one. I know plenty of others would agree. But you're saying that spending more time playing my characters is a good thing. That may be true, but I'd rather spend more time playing my characters at max level without having to worry about gear. It's literally just a time sink. Well, the whole game is, but I'd rather sink my time into the part of the game that matters.

Also for the record I own the PC version and I want the console version for both the reasons you listed.
#25shawnmckPosted 2/26/2013 10:40:43 AM
If there is off-line mode, then it will be a day-1 purchase for me.
#26SpurnerPosted 2/26/2013 11:27:24 AM
This is what I was hoping for. I will be buying this for PS3. There is a serious lack of loot based hack and slash games on this system, so this is very welcome. Hopefully, it can fill my Champions of Norrath type craving.

...and if not, I still have the PS2.
#27NicodimusPosted 2/26/2013 1:25:28 PM(edited)

I didn't play much POE, but it looks promising. From what i played, again, D3 had better combat, but POE has some really interesting endgame features and customization. I hear it absurdly slow paced as far as grinding goes though.

It's really not. It's pretty much Titan Quest with a different skill tree. I got to level 42 in 3 or 4 days on my first char (sword and board tank, which is slow at killing.) I don't consider that to be too slow. You want a grindy game? Pick a Korean MMO. Lineage 2, Aion, etc. It's like you have to play 40 hours a week if you want to make any progress.

---
"I am not tacking up my living quarters with gaming machines -- I'm not 12. This isn't a damn bedroom with bunk beds and star wars posters in it."
#28godslayer61Posted 2/26/2013 3:01:46 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
N00bGamerIsN00b posted...
They should give people who bought the pc version a free copy for ps3.

*plays violin*

Never played diablo before just looked boreing to me but now i might give it a shot that they got rid of having to be connected to the net to play,Looks like the type of game that would be good when im traveling and playing in the car when someone other than me drives or when we stay in a hotel or in the car overnight.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718