This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is ten times harder than Demon's Souls

#1LodissPosted 2/26/2013 10:05:45 AM
Reading through the "lol overrated" troll thread, I saw plenty of people claim that Demon's Souls was the more difficult game. This is a completely nonsense opinion, and here's why.

1. Health regeneration. It trivializes the whole game. With the shield, a blessed weapon, and the regenerator's ring, your health fills on it's own in about 15 seconds. No such thing in Dark Souls.

2. Unlimited grass. If for some reason you don't like regenerating health, there are about four types of healing grass that each stack up to 99. Dark Souls gives you a maximum of 20 estus flasks, only 10 until you defeat Pinwheel (who admittedly is a joke-tier boss).

3. Unlimited magic. Also, it's ten times more powerful than the magic in Dark Souls. Second Chance? Warding? Please. There is no argument here.

4. Fast roll up to 50% equip load. Nuff said.

5. You can start the game on ezmode aka Royal.

For these all of these reasons and more, it's clear that Dark Souls is the harder game by far. I played Dark Souls first, and it took me about 60 hours to get to Gwyn. Then I played another 30 hours worth of pvp and co-op before moving on to ng+.

I literally beat Demon's Souls in 18 hours total.
---
You were indicted
#2jrr18Posted 2/26/2013 10:10:45 AM
Mega man is 100 times harder then Dark souls.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#3superbowl54Posted 2/26/2013 10:12:39 AM
I agree,

Demon's Souls is only "considered" harder because people didn't know much about the engine and how it works when it first came out. It was a new IP with a new gameplay style

Dark Souls was still tough despite knowing how the basics work already since it's largely the same as Demon's Souls.

Neither game was THAT hard, but Dark never gave you the idea that you're safe anywhere, because you could be invaded while sitting at a bonfire. Demon's having the The Nexus gave a world of difference.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#4youshallbeasgodPosted 2/26/2013 10:13:49 AM
And it's still easy for pros like me.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#5Lodiss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:20:30 AM
jrr18 posted...

And Ghosts n Goblins is 1000 times harder than Castlevania.

Wait, what were we talking about again?
---
You were indicted
#6jrr18Posted 2/26/2013 10:22:19 AM
Lodiss posted...
jrr18 posted...

And Ghosts n Goblins is 1000 times harder than Castlevania.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

I don't know weren't putting games that are hard then the game the other guy played?
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#7Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/26/2013 10:27:06 AM
Dark is extremely easy. Get souls, go to local bonfire (which are everywhere). Repeat. Overlevel, exterminate any enemies. Plus with some souls in your pocket you can just keep buying spells per playthough. You have have like 300 soul arrows...plenty to last to the next bonfire.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#8metfan57Posted 2/26/2013 10:32:04 AM
People like you make the fanbase for souls look almost as bad as pc gamers.
Nobody ever discusses anything but the damn difficulty..
---
Zach galifianakis is a dying cancer patient, on patrol??
Rolling on to ABC this summer comes a new kind of comedy!
#9DeadMercenaryPosted 2/26/2013 10:34:15 AM
Both games are a bit exaggerated when it comes to difficulty. Can't say I had much of an issue with either. Most of the enemies in demons souls were slow as molasses and gave you time to understand them easily. Most of the enemies in dark souls had a way to abuse the AI or simply bypass the boss almost completely at launch at least. Example using iron flesh on the four kings made them a joke.

I love both games but difficulty is definitely not a selling point for me, its just the gameplay style was different then most run and gun games nowadays so it threw some people for a loop. I did die more in demons souls than dark souls to be fair mainly out of impatience.
#10RayconPosted 2/26/2013 10:36:31 AM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
Dark is extremely easy. Get souls, go to local bonfire (which are everywhere). Repeat. Overlevel, exterminate any enemies. Plus with some souls in your pocket you can just keep buying spells per playthough. You have have like 300 soul arrows...plenty to last to the next bonfire.

Have to agree with this. The checkpoint system drastically reduces the difficulty in the game. But pre-patches, Dark Souls is pretty damn formidable. Getting souls takes an eternity...

And I definitely have to nod in favor of Dark Souls for bosses... compared to Demon's Souls (which had its share of good ones), there were way more bosses that would wipe the floor with you. Like Ornstein and Smough, Four Kings, Bed of Chaos (okay, that one admittedly just wasn't fair).
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja