This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is ten times harder than Demon's Souls

#11superbowl54Posted 2/26/2013 10:36:42 AM
metfan57 posted...
People like you make the fanbase for souls look almost as bad as pc gamers.
Nobody ever discusses anything but the damn difficulty..

that's what they're known for, so naturally it would be the biggest topic of discussion when it comes to this series.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#12EseenuzPosted 2/26/2013 10:42:11 AM
Although I somewhat agree with TC, I think Demon's Souls is the better game
#13DagorhaPosted 2/26/2013 10:47:20 AM
Demon Souls is way harder then Dark Souls

1. You start off at half health and requires a ring slot just to get to 75%

2. The first level is absurdly long and conveluted before getting to the next check point. Hope you didn't miss those shortcuts lolololol

3. You can start off on easy mode in Dark Souls aka the pyromancer

4. Upgrade paths are way easier in Dark Souls. Everything only needs 1 type of rock in the beginning!

5. Check points are only given after bosses and shortcuts are far less available

</truth>
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#14usernamestuffPosted 2/26/2013 11:17:41 AM
They made Dark Souls harder because it's multiplatform and 360 gamers are more skilled
---
http://i.imgur.com/TZdFmRE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0ogwcD9.jpg
#15nightstalker92Posted 2/26/2013 11:51:02 AM
usernamestuff posted...
They made Dark Souls harder because it's multiplatform and 360 gamers are more skilled

lol, you didn't even try dude.
#16DeathScythe_527Posted 2/26/2013 12:02:56 PM
Demons Souls had Maneater.
Without the arrow glitch or a pyro build, that boss was harder than everything in Dark Souls.

/topic
---
i5-3450 | HD 6870 | 4GB DDR3 | H61MGC | 1TB HDD | PSN: DANomite93
I highly recommend Katawa Shoujo, hits you right in the feels.
#17The_BonesPosted 2/26/2013 12:05:02 PM
Demon's Souls is definitely easier than Dark Souls but I wouldn't say that Dark Souls is that much harder than Demon's Souls.
#18Lodiss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:19:22 PM
Dagorha posted...
Demon Souls is way harder then Dark Souls

1. You start off at half health and requires a ring slot just to get to 75%

2. The first level is absurdly long and conveluted before getting to the next check point. Hope you didn't miss those shortcuts lolololol

3. You can start off on easy mode in Dark Souls aka the pyromancer

4. Upgrade paths are way easier in Dark Souls. Everything only needs 1 type of rock in the beginning!

5. Check points are only given after bosses and shortcuts are far less available

</truth>

1. Cling ring is in 1-1, and again, starting as a Royal makes that level completely trivial. You can nuke down the red eye knight at sl 1 with almost zero skill.

2. Grass drops like candy in 1-1.

3. The pyromancer has exactly 8 casts of fireball to work with, the Royal's soul arrow is not only 3x faster to cast with 3x the range but you also start with the fragrant ring which regenerates mana. So unlimited casts + unlimited grass vs. 8 casts and 10 estus. The math is obvious.

4. True but there isn't a blacksmith at firelink shrine, and there is one in the nexus.

5. Bosses in Demon's Souls are easier. You don't even have to kill the grey demon in the tutorial level to continue, vs. dying a dozen times to the Asylum Demon. Also, Phalanx vs. Taurus demon? Pfft. But the real reason Dark Souls has more bonfires is because designing around a hub world makes more than 1 checkpoint per level redundant.
---
You were indicted
#19toastedmuffin89Posted 2/26/2013 12:22:43 PM
I got platinum in both games and bought demons souls on US release day.

To me demons souls was way harder. No bonfires and even worse was false king and maneater boss.
#20superbowl54Posted 2/26/2013 12:24:28 PM
DeathScythe_527 posted...
Demons Souls had Maneater.
Without the arrow glitch or a pyro build, that boss was harder than everything in Dark Souls.

/topic

No, just no

Maneaters were easy compared to the 4 Kings

/topic
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC