This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony just put fear in all DD haTERS

#11scythecamPosted 2/26/2013 12:27:12 PM
Do publishers really think downloading 20+gb games is something people want to do?
---
One-and-Donecos
#12djrudenPosted 2/26/2013 12:30:42 PM
scythecam posted...
Do publishers really think downloading 20+gb games is something people want to do?

People once said that about 20 megs. Internet speeds continue to get faster and storage capacity continues to get cheaper. 20 gig dl will be nothing in a short matter of time.
#13professional gamerPosted 2/26/2013 12:36:58 PM
Pre order cancelled.
---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#14Impaired MedicPosted 2/26/2013 12:40:05 PM
Fail troll is fail.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#15Thermador446Posted 2/26/2013 12:41:38 PM
tomcatobitrice posted...
He said "all games will be available as a digital download and SOME will also be available as a disc" SOME, not all games.

So... what are you complaining about again?
We're getting all games, and you're b****ing about it.

Get a life
& quitting watching IGN is the first step.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#16brycemorrPosted 2/26/2013 12:46:17 PM
Its going to be no different today as it will be with the PS4 the only difference is that all games with retail versions will be available day 1 digitally instead having to wait a few weeks-years before being available digitally.

You'll have your indie games and smaller games strictly PSN and the AAA games also being available to download but will also have the retail copys.

its nothing to worry about unless you want a whole bunch of shovelware on the retail floor.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#17scythecamPosted 2/27/2013 5:47:35 PM
djruden posted...
scythecam posted...

People once said that about 20 megs. Internet speeds continue to get faster and storage capacity continues to get cheaper. 20 gig dl will be nothing in a short matter of time.

Define short, because it takes most of the world an hour to dl a 1gb demo off psn.

Lets say this gen dl speeds across the world quadruple(they wont)

A 20gb game would take 5hours to dl under these parameters.

Who in the hell is going to wait 5 hours to dl a game they just bought?

This doesnt even take into account bandwith caps.
---
One-and-Donecos
#18SoaringDivePosted 2/27/2013 5:52:32 PM
djruden posted...
scythecam posted...

Yeah, you think ridiculously small bandwidth caps are going to just magically go away in 99% of the world? You must be sarcastic.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive