This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GoW:A SP demo impressions

#1velvet_hammerPosted 2/26/2013 8:17:17 PM(edited)
So after playing MGR for a whole 2 weeks GoW feels slow and boring o.O I'm a huge GoW fan but IDK maybe the formula is getting old now.. I didnt understand when some said this during GoW3, I though it was needed and loved it.. But now I'm one of you guys..

I do like the new circle attacks and combos, heck I love a lot of the changes to the gameplay.. But it still just feels all to similar.. Obviously it should its GoW series, but like I said I think its starting to get old and stale, been here done that vibe.. Anyways the graphics are really nice, the story seems like it will contain more then just angry Kratos..The set pieces seem to be taken up a notch further.. I just dont know if I'm getting this at launch now.. Will be a first time if I dont..

What you guys think?
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/26/2013 8:27:49 PM
Of course MGR is going to feel fresh in comparison when it's the first and possibly last one you'll see. GoW will still have many set pieces that make it worthwhile and there will be plenty of weapons/abilities that you didn't get to experience in the demo
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#3velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:30:41 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
GoW will still have many set pieces that make it worthwhile and there will be plenty of weapons/abilities that you didn't get to experience in the demo

did you play the demo? Ya I cant wait to see the other weapons and abilities.. I'll pick this up down the road for sure..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#4ResidentGear31Posted 2/26/2013 9:28:13 PM
Demo was amazing.
#5XNo_FearXPosted 2/26/2013 9:32:36 PM
i'll admit after playing MGR God if War feels way slow but it makes it with graphics, level design and story over MGR.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Playing: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Crysis 3
#6crazyman32Posted 2/26/2013 9:33:44 PM
great demo.I played it last week and got a lot of dlc for the full game from rise of the warrior.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#7u_madPosted 2/26/2013 10:28:52 PM
Was fun but wasn't too impressed with all of those videos beefing up the DL size, oh well
---
"Oh it's not that bad, look, I have my own bucket!"
http://i.imgur.com/LFuql.jpg
#8TroutfischPosted 2/26/2013 10:40:05 PM
I just finished playing the demo and that sealed the deal on this being a Day 1 buy for me.

Gameplay is similar but seems more fine tuend and the epic set pieces the series is known for seem to be all the grander. Looking forward to this one.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#9tomcatobitricePosted 2/26/2013 11:01:16 PM
Demo was a "been there done that" for me. I will save my money for next gen games
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#10chipsNicePosted 2/27/2013 2:09:54 AM
tomcatobitrice posted...
Demo was a "been there done that" for me. I will save my money for next gen games

i love the series and all but i cant help it that i feel the same way. As for my impressions looks great and the combat seems more refined. I'll buy it later on as theres alot of good games this month anyways.
---
Currently Playing: BF3(PC), MGS:Revengance(360)
Waiting For: Bioshock: Infinite, GTA: V