This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Assassin's Creed series?

#1JulesNeciPosted 2/26/2013 8:45:50 PM
Hi all,

I know I'm wayyyy too late to be on this train, but I've been wanting to try out the AC series for a while. I know it's been around, but I never got the time to try them out.
I'm thinking about getting Assassin's Creed and Ezio's Trilogy from Amazon, since the price is pretty good for all 4 games.
What do you think? Should I skip any of these games? How are the graphics in the first AC compared to the latest games? Is there a big difference?
Thank you guys!
---
Since when is it such a crime to own a Vita and a 3DS and LOVE both of them?
#2promo123Posted 2/26/2013 8:51:27 PM
Really good series, I highly recommend it! I'm playing Brotherhood right now, and I'm loving it. The first game gets repetitive. It's been a while since I've played it, but I do recall still having fun with it anyway, after playing 2 though I don't think I could go back to it. If you care about the story at all I wouldn't recommend skipping any of the games. As far as graphics go, I played 1 and 2 on an SD TV and I'm playing Brotherhood on a 55" HD TV right now, so I can't really compare.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#3velvet_hammerPosted 2/26/2013 8:56:31 PM
so ass they put it in the title twice
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#4AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/26/2013 9:02:56 PM(edited)
velvet_hammer posted...

Aw, go back to playing crappy games with no stories like Bayonetta and MGR:R, kid.

OT: Series is amazing if you're not a 12 year old kid with a short attention span, story is amazing. First Assassin's Creed is kinda dated now though, rest are amazing.
#5DemiFistPosted 2/26/2013 9:03:47 PM
Great series, but you know there are reviews everywhere you could read to tell you that.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#6superlativeformPosted 2/26/2013 9:06:49 PM
It's worth a play; the gameplay is good, but sometimes repetitive. The story was compelling enough to keep me playing, it's not the greatest narrative, but interesting enough. Ezio's arc tended to drag on to much for my tastes, but III is really good. Anywho, I would say Assassin's Creed II is a good litmus test of whether or not the series is good, because it vastly improves on aspects of the first. Hope that helps.
---
Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here.
PSN: Contra_Croix
#7velvet_hammerPosted 2/26/2013 9:09:18 PM(edited)
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Aw, go back to playing crappy games with no stories like Bayonetta and MGR:R, kid.

OT: Series is amazing if you're not a 12 year old kid with a short attention span, story is amazing. First Assassin's Creed is kinda dated now though, rest are amazing.

lol at playing games for stories. I mean really AC3 story had me on the edge of my seat.lol. I also play all games, some I just dont like
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#8plasticman13Posted 2/26/2013 9:09:39 PM
After AC2, they're all pretty much the same. I'd play AC2 and Brotherhood, skip AC1 and Revelations and maybe try AC3.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#9JulesNeci(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:14:23 PM
Hey all,
Thank you for your replies. I DO play games for their stories, so it's good to know that these games have good storylines. And no, I'm not a 12 year-old kid :P
I've read reviews everywhere, but I wanted honest opinions from fellow gamers, so there's that.
The videos I saw on Youtube don't really show that big of a difference in graphics between 1 and Brotherhood, really. Is the first one that dated and should be skipped, or is it still a good game on its own?
Thank you again!
---
Since when is it such a crime to own a Vita and a 3DS and LOVE both of them?
#10Samman123Posted 2/26/2013 9:15:39 PM
It's really bad. It needs to die.
---
MMA fan for life.