This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Marvel vs. Capcom game?

#11Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/27/2013 2:04:56 PM
Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter (Armored Spidey and Mech Zangief, to top it all off you get Cyber Akuma as a final boss as well as Apocalypse).

MvC2 comes in a close second but MSH vs SF was the game that got me into the entire series.
#12JiZamezPosted 2/27/2013 2:05:04 PM
The_Bones posted...
Probably Marvel Vs Street Fighter.

This. Loved it when I first played it in my local video store (circa '98, I believe). It was awesome hearing brand new themes for all the Street Fighter characters (and some for Marvel's) that still fit their design and the announcer helped the game feel completely over the top.

If we're talking specifically MvC, then MvC2. MvC1 is a LOT more polished and awesome in nearly every way but the insanity that MvC2 puts out (despite being completely broken) is one of a kind.
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#13jubjub_28Posted 2/27/2013 6:56:03 PM
X-men vs street fighter
X-men children of the atom (if that counts)
MVC1
---
I played and loved every second of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?
#14jrr18Posted 2/27/2013 7:04:00 PM
That one with that guy with the face.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#15Movie64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 8:17:11 PM
jubjub_28 posted...
X-men vs street fighter
MVC1

Never heard about the Children of the Atom. Is that where Wolverine, Cyclops, Pysclock, and Magneto get their sprites from?
#16RoachmeatPosted 2/27/2013 11:27:38 PM
Movie64 posted...
jubjub_28 posted...
X-men vs street fighter
MVC1

Never heard about the Children of the Atom. Is that where Wolverine, Cyclops, Pysclock, and Magneto get their sprites from?

Its definitely where Silver Samurai came from.

You could be right about Wolverine though. There were two versions of Wolverine in 'Marvel vs Capcom 2'. I want to say one of those versions came from "Children of the Atom". But somebody with a wiki window open could probably correct me on that.
#17STT_ZidanePosted 2/27/2013 11:44:28 PM
Roachmeat posted...
Movie64 posted...
jubjub_28 posted...
X-men vs street fighter
MVC1

Its definitely where Silver Samurai came from.

You could be right about Wolverine though. There were two versions of Wolverine in 'Marvel vs Capcom 2'. I want to say one of those versions came from "Children of the Atom". But somebody with a wiki window open could probably correct me on that.

Sentinel comes from CoTA too
---
"You can do whatever you want in life, ...unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." ~ The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (In memory)
#18Brocken_JrPosted 2/27/2013 11:47:11 PM
capcom vs snk 2
the marvel ones dont compare
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#19Movie64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:55:42 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...
capcom vs snk 2
the marvel ones dont compare

Never heard of Capcom vs. Snk 2 (I don't think i heard about Snk in general) What makes it so the Marvel vs. Capcom games don't compare?
#20TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/28/2013 12:01:31 AM
Movie64 posted...
The_Bones posted...
Probably Marvel Vs Street Fighter.

Never heard about that one. Is it similar to Marvel 1 or 2?

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter... It came before the MvC games. It has a pretty small roster, but was still a ton of fun. It really could've used another 4-5 fighters to select, considering all of the sprites were recycled anyways.

My answer is UMvC3. Even though Venom, Omega Red, and Psylocke are gone... I'd have gladly had one of them over MODOK.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo