This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you play a COD-esque game as the Axis forces in WWII?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 2/27/2013 11:38:46 AM
Would you? - Results (97 votes)
Never.
19.59% (19 votes)
Perhaps, depends on which nation.
8.25% (8 votes)
Sounds interesting enough to warrant a future purchase.
44.33% (43 votes)
Definitely, been waiting for one since I started gaming.
27.84% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm neither German, Italian, or Japanese, but i'd find it interesting to have an axis campaign. I know in the early COD multiplayer games you could play as the axis, but there was never a campaign...
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
#2theshovellerPosted 2/27/2013 11:40:53 AM
If it had a nice single-player campaign, then sure. I'm thinking of the old WWII-based Call of Duties. I'd be down with that.
#3KabtheMentatPosted 2/27/2013 11:46:42 AM(edited)
I personally would like a German campaign for things like the invasion of France or the Eastern Front.

Especially with Treyarch's thing about forming their own version of history. You could do a game and play as a German soldier and have it not be totally evil or something. Cuz let's face it, the Soviets weren't any better, and often times down right worse.

Italian....AHAHAHAHA, no man. C'mon.

Japanese...eh, boring. No real redeeming qualities of IJA and most of their ground actions were in China again peseants armed with medieval weaponry, more or less. Otherwise it would be, "Hey let's hide out in this cave while thousands of Marines land and wait to get cooked with a flamethrower." Military geniuses the Japanese command was not.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#4theatrical_catPosted 2/27/2013 11:45:04 AM
Maybe. It sounds like if it's handled well it could be an interesting take on war shooters, but I'm a bit worried about the content- the Axis Powers did some rotten s*** in WWII. Even if it's just a video game, I don't know how comfortable I'd be hunting down fugitive Jews or raping and pillaging innocent Korean villages.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#5Soggy13Posted 2/27/2013 11:45:36 AM
Where's the "If the Nazis are zombies and you have to eat brains to recover life" option?
---
PSN/LIVE: MassacredOne
Me thinks words is hard...
#6killakPosted 2/27/2013 11:46:21 AM
Absolutely.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#7SpaceMarineZackPosted 2/27/2013 11:49:31 AM
so will it show the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking. The Axis were just disgusting creatures and should have been destroyed completely
#8killakPosted 2/27/2013 11:51:57 AM
so will it show the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking. The Axis were just disgusting creatures and should have been destroyed completely

Please tell me you're not of the nation that decided it'd be chipper to blink out the lives of over a hundred thousand japanese military and civilians, in one blinding flash.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#9KabtheMentatPosted 2/27/2013 11:54:31 AM

Please tell me you're not of the nation that decided it'd be chipper to blink out the lives of over a hundred thousand japanese military and civilians, in one blinding flash.

Please tell me you're not of a nation where moral relativism is acceptable.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#10killakPosted 2/27/2013 11:59:06 AM
Please tell me you're not of a nation where moral relativism is acceptable.

I just don't go around calling one side of a war "disgusting creatures", when both are guilty of atrocities.
---
You don't ever go full Greer