This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Naughty Dog have the money to buy the Crash Bandicoot series?

#11HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 4:07:57 AM
godslayer61 posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
Crash is dead and gone, man. Just let him go.

no way crash rocks ,so does spyro .

Get Insomniac to buy Spyro again.
Get Naughty Dog to buy Crash back.

Make HD remakes or Reboots or just a sequel.
Make them just like the old ones.

$$$$$$ take all our money PS4
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#12TheRatedR_ViperPosted 2/28/2013 4:08:09 AM
They owned the series, and let it go for a reason.

Naughty Dog didn't own Crash, Universal did
---
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/RobKojder
a 2/10 for gp viper is like a -200/10 everywhere else- Jessica73
#13UniversquallPosted 2/28/2013 4:38:53 AM
Naughty Dog can't buy anything.
---
After the Fallout
#14SoliquidusPosted 2/28/2013 5:01:26 AM(edited)
We will most likely never get a great Crash or Spyro Game again, but Mark Cerny is making Knack with his Team, and I am absolutely sure Knack will be reminiscent of Crash and Spyro in some manner. He even worked on the Ratchet Series. When it comes to this type of Game, Cerny is an absolute genius.

He knows exactly how to make these types of games intriguing and engaging, whilst being delightfully charming

It sucks what happened to Crash when Naughty Dog let go of the Series, and it sucked just as hard when Insomniac let go of Spyro, but it is time to let go and embrace the future.

Embrace Knack. The history that Cerny has makes this something to get very very excited about. This alone is reason enough to get excited. Easily one of my most anticipated games on PS4, and in general. If I have enough money for the PS4 at Launch, and I decide to adopt the 1st Gen Hardware of Sonys Next Console, then Knack will be my very first PS4 Game for sure
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#15HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 9:06:21 AM
bump
---
#16Nate_DihldorffPosted 2/28/2013 9:07:14 AM
Too much ignorance in this thread. Naughty Dog/Insomniac never owned Crash/Spyro. Those IPs have ALWAYS been owned by Vivendi-Universal.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#17EseenuzPosted 2/28/2013 9:13:23 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Seriously they should be f***ing EA games and Activision type of rich by now.
So what they should do is partner with Sony and buy the Crash Bandicoot series as a Sony exclusive.

Make Crash Bandicoot 4 a PS4 launch game.
System seller Crash is back and its not that mutant crap or however they murdered his legacy in the past 10+ years.

I agree with TC, make a Crash Team Racing 2 already heheh
#18AmyUnleashedPosted 2/28/2013 9:15:46 AM
Universquall posted...
Naughty Dog can't buy anything.

I dont see why they couldnt, so long as they could afford the IP they wanted.

Someone in Sony really should buy the Crash IP, Activison are not even using it and due to that and the Crash games going downhill since (debatably) Twinsanity it should not be stupidly expensive for them to get......

..... But saying that wasnt Activison up for sale last year for a little while for like $6 Billion, but most of that would be Call Of Duty, Blizzard's MMORPG's & Spyro/Skylanders. Crash would probably still be a couple hundred million to get the IP rights though....

Sony should see it that if they got Crash back, a lot of platformer fans will be chuffed and they can take some of the casual (and all under 10yo) xbox users & nintendo console owners audiance for there own by having Crash back as a exclusive. Also they could make Crash free DLC for Playstation All Stars :D

As the poster above (or two above...) said Klack is made by one of the guys who worked on Crash, Jak & Ratchet so hopefully the game will live up to be as good as those three, or it could turn out like a High Impact Games project...
#19pixel378Posted 2/28/2013 9:55:56 AM
I wonder if Sony would even consider buying the rights, or has even thought of it. I really want to see a new AAA Naughty Dog Crash title. Dream.

You know what? Screw it, i'll make a Crash look alike with Media molecules new 3d LBP looking game.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#20HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:38:09 PM
bump
---