This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

(RUMOR) FFX HD coming in June

#1Nextgengamer666Posted 2/28/2013 2:55:22 AM(edited)
I find that too hard to believe...

Several new details may have been revealed for the upcoming multiplatform video game, “Final Fantasy X HD.” According to a report by The Silent Chief on Feb. 27, the Playstation 3 version of the high-definition remake will feature graphics on par with “Final Fantasy XIII.” Furthermore, Square Enix will be releasing their product in the Japanese region sometime during the month of June.

http://www.examiner.com/article/final-fantasy-x-hd-ps3-graphics-and-release-date-possible-revealed

Sony’s Destination PlayStation is currently underway in Arizona but for those of us who weren’t invited to the annual retailers event, we have to wait for official announcements to be shared or leaked as it seems to be the case with this latest report.
According to Aibo of the fan site Final Fantasy Reunion, new screenshots of Square Enix’s Final Fantasy X HD (PS3) have been revealed at the event. Aibo tweeted that FFXHD is on par with Final Fantasy XIII, graphically, while also claiming that the game is scheduled to arrive in June.

Square Enix recently demonstrated the PS Vita version of the high definition remastered PS2 title but news of the PS3 version has been kept under wraps.
With Tomb Raider out next month and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII releasing in the Fall, a Summer release for FFX HD sounds about right to us. Additionally, Aibo suggested that Square Enix, may be spiffing up Final Fantasy X-2 in a similar fashion as well.

http://thesilentchief.com/2013/02/27/rumor-final-fantasy-x-hd-due-out-in-june-graphics-on-par-with-ffxiii/
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#2blablablax17Posted 2/28/2013 2:55:38 AM
I seriously doubt it will look like FFXIII unless they rebuilt the models from scratch.
I pumped up the settings for FFX on emulator to the max and it looked great, but nowhere near FFXIII level.

That June release would be nice though.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#3Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/28/2013 2:56:35 AM
If the game gets a graphic overhaul like FFXIII I will be ******** thrilled. Hopefully they realize that everyone wants the International Version so we can fight the infamous Dark Bahamut in HD. Otherwise that price tag is going to be steep. June will be perfect though since this gen is winding down.
#4Nextgengamer666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 2:58:39 AM
I doubt it'd take long to make new character models and maybe touch up the textures of the environments. Hopefully this is true since we all know the Vita version didn't really receive much of an upgrade.
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#5beoulve010Posted 2/28/2013 3:09:04 AM
If it does come out in june we'll finally be able to say we got a great jrpg that actually has been produced by Sakaguchi. (was going to mention kitase but Sakaguchi produced X)

I still don't get wat has caused the delays for the ps3 version , FFX HD was announced around the same time they announced XIII right ?
---
---guns are for show , knives for the pro---
#6blablablax17Posted 2/28/2013 3:13:37 AM
beoulve010 posted...
If it does come out in june we'll finally be able to say we got a great jrpg that actually has been produced by Sakaguchi. (was going to mention kitase but Sakaguchi produced X)

I still don't get wat has caused the delays for the ps3 version , FFX HD was announced around the same time they announced XIII right ?

They announced it around the time they announced the Vita.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#7Alky88Posted 2/28/2013 3:22:53 AM
beoulve010 posted...

Huh? No. FFX HD was announced at TGS 2011.
I kinda doubt it's going to look as good as XIII but if that's the case they're making two completely different versions (The Vita models looked much better than the originals but nowhere near XIII quality).
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#8Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/28/2013 3:25:20 AM
beoulve010 posted...

FINAL FANTASY XIII announcement = 2006
FINAL FANTASY X HD announcement = TGS 2011

Damn, internet propaganda.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#9Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/28/2013 3:29:09 AM
There's no way it will feature FINAL FANTASY XIII levels of graphics, the reports got it wrong.
It will be the same as FINAL FANTASY XIII in the essence that everything will be Real Time (except the CGI), as FINAL FANTASY X had pre-rendered backgrounds (i.e. some buildings) and will probably have a controllable camera.

But the following (imo) is 100% sure to happen:

FINAL FANTASY X Complete Collection HD =
FINAL FANTASY X International HD +
FINAL FANTASY X: Eternal Calm HD +
FINAL FANTASY X-2 International + Last Mission HD +
Extra Enhancements.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#10656stoogePosted 2/28/2013 3:31:13 AM
I just want shiny water. I love FFX for it's tropical setting, and but the fact it never had shiny water always disappointed me.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/