This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

(RUMOR) FFX HD coming in June

#31retep_onePosted 2/28/2013 6:42:09 AM
hopefully it will come out this yr, after how disappointed i was with FF XIII
---
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......
#32Alky88Posted 2/28/2013 6:47:01 AM
RikusTwilight posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Soliquidus posted...
I will never understand why someone who already has a specific game and has played it through for many hours, experiencing most if not all what the game has to offer, can then get excited about an HD re release of said game

For NA there's the extra content from the PAL release.

There was extra content in the PAL release?

Wow I didn't feel like there was anything extra in the game at all.

You guys in NA got shafted in that case.

Well yes and no. The PAL release had extra content only because it took them like 6 months to get the game after the US release and by that time Japan was getting an International edition. The PAL version still ran like crap anyway.
This new edition is good for both NA and EU players: NA gets extra content and EU gets a version without the horrific slowdown.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#33656stoogePosted 2/28/2013 6:47:04 AM
RikusTwilight posted...

Dark Aeons and the advanced sphere grid were added.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#34omeganova13Posted 2/28/2013 6:54:14 AM
Soliquidus posted...
656stooge posted...
Soliquidus posted...
I will never understand why someone who already has a specific game and has played it through for many hours, experiencing most if not all what the game has to offer, can then get excited about an HD re release of said game

So you still have your old VHS tapes I presume?

Why are games considered different than other forms of media? Why is it okay to go and watch a digitally remastered film or by a movie on blu-ray, but wanting to replay a game in HD is dumb?

I have some VHS Tapes yes

Games are different due to the replay factor. We come back to our favorite games, more times than we will watch our favorite movie. I have played my 2 fave games of all time more than a thousand times, and have logged in 10s of thousands of hours on both easily. Can the time with my favorite movie compare? No. Most of us here can say the same when comparing time spent on our fave games and movies

After spending so much time on a game, experiencing what made it special for its time, and getting most if not everything out of it, you are seriously going to buy this game again in HD? I can understand if someone wants to play a game for the first time, or even if they didn't get all they wanted out out of the game when it was first released. However, I simply cannot comprehend why someone would want to go back to potentially hundreds, and even thousands of hours of the same exact experience that they have already had. HD remakes don't offer much outside of the core experience

I don't get it. I seriously don't. To each their own tho. Whatever floats your boat I guess

You do realize that 10,000 hours equals 1 year and 51.6 days right? And considering your body would have shut down in that time without sleep and you likely have other obligations like work, school or family, its doubtful you played 24 hours a day. Lets suppose you played even a third of the day, 8 hours, that would equate to roughly 3 years and 155 days (I rounded up). Given that you said you played each over a thousand times I am going to assume that these 2 games were not MMOs.

So, if in fact you spent close to 7 years playing only 2 game that if your amounts of 1,000 plays and 10,000 hours are to be believed only took you 10 hours per play to beat then it is pretty obvious why you don't understand other people liking HD remakes . . . you are in fact some sort of video game playing robot

Well, either that or you did not check the math before posting. lol
#35danny_S_06Posted 2/28/2013 7:12:20 AM
Alky88 posted...
RikusTwilight posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Soliquidus posted...

Well yes and no. The PAL release had extra content only because it took them like 6 months to get the game after the US release and by that time Japan was getting an International edition. The PAL version still ran like crap anyway.
This new edition is good for both NA and EU players: NA gets extra content and EU gets a version without the horrific slowdown.

I played the PAL version and I never remember any of this slow down you speak of.
#36656stoogePosted 2/28/2013 7:23:53 AM
Did you play the US version though? If not then you've got no point of reference, as the entire game runs something around 15% slower from start to finish. We also got some nasty black bars on the top and bottom of the scree.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#37KojaxFXPosted 2/28/2013 7:26:57 AM
If it took them that long to get the game out, I hope it comes out in June I will buy it day 1.
#38SoliquidusPosted 2/28/2013 7:27:54 AM
I'm not gonna go into too much detail, but let me explain how I spent my time with one of these games.

I started playing one of those games over a decade ago, and I still play it till this day. Not as much as I used to tho. Nowhere close to as much.

For a good 4 years I played this game for at least 20 hours a week, but mostly played it for an average of 40 hours a week. Many weeks were even in excess of 70 hours. Yes, I was a bum with no job during this time. This specific game was a Competitive MP Shooter that I used to play over LAN at a Net Cafe, and I was in a Clan. Pretty much all of us at the time were not working, and used to show up almost everyday for 4 years to play against each other, and take on challenges from anyone or any other clan.

So my time in that Net Cafe alone adds up to thousands of hours. If I add my time after the Net Cafe, that would add a few thousand as well.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#39Alky88Posted 2/28/2013 7:33:28 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
Alky88 posted...
RikusTwilight posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Soliquidus posted...

I played the PAL version and I never remember any of this slow down you speak of.

Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE8rWyhuCv0
And yeah, I didn't mention the huge black bars. FFX-2 looked even worse.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#40SoliquidusPosted 2/28/2013 7:43:00 AM(edited)
Oh, 10s of Thousands suggests over 20000 at least, and that may be pushing it with my calculations with time spent on this game, but I actually think I have passed the 20000 mark with this specific game.

This is definitely the only game that I have spent this kind of time on. The other game I mentioned I definitely haven't spent 10s of thousands of hours on and perhaps not even 10000 hours, but I most certainly have spent a few thousand on it
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing