This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it alright if I play the Atelier games in no order?

#1Arkane DenialPosted 2/28/2013 5:44:01 AM
About time I dive into the series.

I can borrow Rorona from a friend but it's an indefinite appointment.

I was thinking of picking up Totori first but Meruru is on sale right now for 20 bucks here. Is it alright if I play Meruru first or will I be spoiled/miss some important story bits? Story is important to me.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#2Jiek_FafnPosted 2/28/2013 5:59:33 AM
Many of the characters are in all three games so it's best to play them in order. I definitely wouldn't start with meruru. It has the most connection s to the previous stories. You could possibly do totori first though. Rorona herself is really the only strong connection to the first game.
---
PSN: Jiek
#3vashtrichamPosted 2/28/2013 6:02:24 AM
I started with the second and then third.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#4PhophenomenonPosted 2/28/2013 6:09:34 AM
I started with Atelier Meruru and then put it down afterwards because it was so horrible.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif
#5Arkane Denial(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 6:18:46 AM
I think I'll start with Totori, thanks for the input fellas.

Back then, I played Suikoden 2 first, and doing that made me more hyped with its predecessor. Maybe it'll work the same here.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#6vashtrichamPosted 2/28/2013 6:23:48 AM
Quote:I think I'll start with Totori, thanks for the input fellas.

Back then, I played Suikoden 2 first, and doing that made me more hyped with its predecessor. Maybe it'll work the same here.

@Arkane Denial
I did the same thing with suikoden but it did not happen with these games.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10