This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So how long did it take you to get a ps3...
3 years ago#101
Got mine in march 07. Waited a few weeks after PAL release, before dropping the grand on it.

she's still with me today, freshly tuned up and no longer freezing.
Me -
3 years ago#102
I sometimes believe it was my own doing the my 60 broke on me. I think it was all the pon taking up space.
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
3 years ago#103
The ps3 was the last console of the 3 I got this gen, in June 2010. I'll probably get PS4 much much earlier, depending on launch titles.
Gear Second.
3 years ago#104
February 2009 for Street Fighter 4. This was actually the last console I got of the main 3 but by far my favorite.

Got a Wii but I wanted to play more games that were not on the system so I got a 360. I didn't like the 360 controller because it kept giving me problems, wouldn't stay synced, batteries wouldn't stay in place, d-pad was horrible. I sold the 360 to my friend and bought a ps3. Upgraded to a slim last year and haven't looked back.
3 years ago#105
Got a new 160gb version for $200 in a 2011 boxing day sale. Purchased two games I was interested in that wasn't available for PC, Demon's Souls and Tales of Graces. Bought Final Fantasy XIII and Little Big Planet 2 for $20 each as well, since my brother was interested in those games.

Currently I've got my eye on Atelier Totori, Ni No Kuni and Metal Gear Rising. Took a long time, but waiting was definitely worth it.
P67A-UD3-B3| 1600 2x4Gb Kingston HXG| 1600 2x2Gb Patriot| Gigabyte 6850| i5 2500k: 4.2 Ghz| 1 TB WD Black
3 years ago#106
Got my first PS3 in May 07'. Getting a PS4 day one.
3 years ago#107
60GB on launch day. I'll be getting the PS4 on launch day also.
Fact Is. All Lies, All Evil Deeds, They Stink. You Can Cover Them Up For Awhile, But They Don't Go Away
3 years ago#108
I admit I got a 360 first, since its was under $300- As much I wanted PS3, I could in no way justify a $500-600 console purchase.

Once 09 hit though, slim ps3 was out under $299, and it because apparent that MS was forcing Kinect down our throats and abandoning core gamers other than Halo/Gears, I had no problem selling the 360 and all my games and getting all the Sony exclusives I missed, as I realized I wouldn't miss anything by doing so (my gaming life isn't defined by online FPS).

Haven't regretted switching up since.

I'm just hoping Sony keeps ps4 affordable, or it will be a mid to late gen adoption for me again.
3 years ago#109
Got PS3 at launch because it was fully b/c with PS1/PS2....

Will wait for PS4 because it isnt b/c with PS3/PSN at all & there's plenty of new PS3/PSN games I'll want (Dark Souls 2, GTA5, Diablo 3 to name a few) & plenty of current/older ones I missed that I also want to play....

I'm thinking maybe a yr after launch....should be a price drop by then & a good selection of PS4 games.
PSN: rob302
3 years ago#110
I got my first PS3 in February 2008. I'm going to wait until I see the price of the PS4 before I decide when to purchase one.
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Ugh I wish I could change my PSN name
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived