This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

#21spacejamjordanzPosted 2/28/2013 9:33:51 AM
Jan 2007 is when I got my first PS3(THE REAL PS3), then I got a slim in Dec 2009 when my 60GB was stolen(apartment break-in).

I'm still undecided if and when for PS4. I want to see what Micorosft has first before I decide. I will probably only have one console this time around. So I'm going to let Sony and MS make their case.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#22ElBorak77Posted 2/28/2013 9:35:17 AM
tonyalmaeda posted...
I got my PS3 in Dec 2006. (Damn, its almost 10 years later, 3 years to go.)

that's seven.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#23Hello_MeloPosted 2/28/2013 9:36:07 AM
August of 2007. So less than a year and after the first price drop.
---
I love you.
#24EseenuzPosted 2/28/2013 9:38:09 AM
lifelack posted...
Eseenuz posted...
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is awesome, Soul Sacrifice and Killzone Mercenary out this year. Smart As.. is awesome

I could go on and on, but I don't need to.

Maybe for YOU. But the vast majority of gamers seems to think it's not enough.. In case you wonder, I'm in the majority. It's a question of taste maybe.

or money... http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-09-12/record-u-dot-s-dot-poverty-rate-holds-as-inequality-grows

just saying lol
#25ninja_starXPosted 2/28/2013 9:39:40 AM
got it at launch for about 425 (iirc) but it ended up with the ylod, then i got the slim model around 2010/11.
---
Winternova posted...Because the advertisements make the dashboard seem more organic than the sparse and clinical PS3 alternative.
#26BambooPandamoPosted 2/28/2013 9:47:12 AM(edited)
PS3?
2 years because no PS2 BC and $599. Amassed a big library of physical games and tons of PSN content.

PS4?
Never.

No PS1, PS2, PS3, & PSN BC means no business. Period.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChibiMrBubbles.png
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles
#27lifelackPosted 2/28/2013 9:44:13 AM
Well... No BC is a big think indeed. For me anyway. But no PSN BC is too much.
If I buy a PS4 it's when I will be drunk one night and impulse buy. If only I can remember to wait til I'm sober when it happen.
#28theshovellerPosted 2/28/2013 9:45:52 AM
It took me a few days to get a PS3... mainly because I was waiting in line a few days to get one on launch day.

Yes, I'm that odd. The kicker? I also was able to work no problem while waiting in line, because I was waiting in line outside my job. Just had someone hold my spot while I went in, worked my shift, then came back out and waited some more.

Hooray Eagle Scout preparedness! I even had a toothbrush and toothpaste with me, so I could get ready in the morning. Don't work retail anymore now, though, so if I don't preorder one for a day-one pickup, I can just request off for like a week and go wait outside of Best Buy or something. Hell, can probably work from inside the tent and save myself some vacation time, too.
#29Vincent137Posted 2/28/2013 10:02:52 AM
Couldn't find one anywhere so I had to buy one online for like $900 in Dec 2006. It finally died on me Dec 2010. Good time,

Anyways PS 4 day one if I can find one.
#30TILlegion777Posted 2/28/2013 10:39:22 AM
BahamutBBob posted...
I got mine a couple days after MGS4 was released.

I'm still weighing my options for next gen. I may or may not get a PS4, I may or may not get a 720.

This. I don't really have an interest in the Wii U though. While I'd love to get one and play the games it's not really worth the investment, especially when I don't have that many people to play the couch co-op stuff with (which is the best stuff half the time).
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards