This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

#81NettoSaitoPosted 2/28/2013 2:40:12 PM
I didn't get a PS3 until the slim finally came out. Really before then I didn't have much of a reason to get a PS3, and I already had a 360 as well as a Wii! I mean now days the PS3 is my main console of choice, but back then there were very few first party games, most games were ports from 360 games and had issues because of it, I was hearing reports of the YLOD more often than the RROD, and the system was pretty expensive.

When the Slim came out more amazing 1st party games were on the way, the PS3's issues were basically fixed (I mean yeah it can still overheat, but it isn't as common as it was with the original model), there weren't as many 360 games being ported to the PS3 (but rather it was the other way around), and the console was a lot cheaper. Really I'm glad I waited, but at the same time I'm worried about the PS4....

I plan on getting a PS4 as soon as possible, but what if it has issues like the original PS3 did?
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#82SilbePosted 2/28/2013 3:01:40 PM
January 2012, a year ago and i like it very much.
I like the 360 too, but no free online play was a big let down, and since mine started to show a RroD every now and then I hope Sony does it this time better early on.
---
-------------------
PSN:mezzokakerlake/Esca/Petz/Lv167/Sorceror at the moment
#83ThamauturgePosted 2/28/2013 3:11:52 PM(edited)
February 27th 2012. Can't believe that it was a whole year ago now.

Will try to get a PS4 at launch because a) Sony releases the best version first and proceeds to remove features >_> and b) I've gotten too many PS consoles super late into the gen... PSP and the Vita were the only ones which I got kind of early into their life.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#84reincarnator07Posted 2/28/2013 4:30:15 PM
2011 I think, can't remember exactly. I'll consider picking up a ps4 once it's under 200. It needs some decent games though. Nothing is wowing me so far about the system.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#85KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/28/2013 4:50:32 PM
September 2008. I got a 360 a 2 years before in October 2006. I waited for a major price drop and some really worthwhile games so I bought the 80GB model with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed all 4 of those games, especially R&C.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, RE: Revelations
#86squall1981Posted 2/28/2013 4:52:26 PM
Dec 2011
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#87KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/28/2013 4:52:43 PM
BambooPandamo posted...
PS3?
2 years because no PS2 BC and $599. Amassed a big library of physical games and tons of PSN content.

PS4?
Never.

No PS1, PS2, PS3, & PSN BC means no business. Period.

I'll think of you while I'm enjoying Killzone 4 and Infamous 3 (or whatever they are going to be called). Actually I won't I'll be enjoying myself too much while you continue to play old games on a system you still have if you bought a PS4 anyway.

Who wins? ME, I DO.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, RE: Revelations
#88CloneTheHeroPosted 2/28/2013 4:56:17 PM
Early 2010. Would have got one earlier but you know, it cost nearly an arm and a leg, and so I waited for a price drop.

Dont think price will be a problem with the PS4 though, so I'll probably get one not long after launch.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, MGR: Revengeance, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#89DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/28/2013 4:56:47 PM
I got my fat 40GB PS3 in May of 2008, and I will probably wait a month or two to get a PS4.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#90ReaperCloudPosted 2/28/2013 5:02:13 PM
October 2011 is when I finally decided to get a PS3, simply because A) There were enough games that I was somewhat interested in for a low price, and B) The one game that I really wanted to play (Red Dead Redemption) was going to be coming out with the "Everything on the damn disc" version. I have only gone back to one game to replay that had nothing to do with trophies.

When will I get a PS4? Never. My gaming career will stop once PS3 games are no longer made (ones that I want anyway). I will still play video games, just nothing new. Even with my PS3, I still go back to PS2/PS1 games. Hell, I even play SNES/NES games every so often.

Gameplay>Graphics.
---
"Live every day as if it's your last and eventually it will be. You'll be fully prepared." George Carlin