This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video game series that haven't been casualized ?

#61secondhand1Posted 2/28/2013 5:53:50 PM
Dieselzone32450 posted...
Rafedx posted...
Wow, it really seems like some people here don't understand debating or opinions.

Personally, yes, I do believe far to many games are being created with a casual gamer in mind. Meaning someone who either doesn't have a lot of time or doesn't really play games. My issue is that games should be built for gamers then after that is finished I would have no issues with them implementing different difficulty modes, I am even fine with a "casual" game mode, because lets face it, now that gaming has gotten so main stream companies needs to attract new players, they cannot stay alive if they keep selling games for the "core" gamers.

As far as games like CoD and others labeled "casual", whats the big deal? Don't buy or play those games, if someone wants a solid game where all they do is shoot people (which some people just want.) you cannot go wrong with CoD.

There will always be core and casual games, whats important is what you as a gamer find fun. At the same time we should not have everything built for 1 type of gamer, it should try to reach core and casual gamers so the game in question can reach as large of an audience as possible and make the same return that a CoD game makes.

Dark Souls could use a "casual" mode, I can easily see someone getting frustrated with the beginning of DS, passing on it and going to something easier. If they had placed a "casual" mode it could have added things to hold their hands so to speak while still leaving in the normal modes, hell they could even split up the servers for PvP and such. There are ways to please all types of gamers.

As gamers we need a bit more cohesion, people need to stop labeling others and to be honest what is wrong with a core gamer giving a casual gamer a hand when it could potentially lead that casual to become a core gamer in the future? Seriously we are all here because have a love of video games right? So why is there so much animosity towards one another?

Casual trying to make a deep post. How cute.

Look at you trying to get people all riled up. You're awesome at the internet.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#62janemba8888Posted 3/1/2013 4:01:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#63janemba8888Posted 3/1/2013 12:00:25 PM(edited)
Bet you love angry birds too, eh casual?^^
---
woosh
#64_tanjil_Posted 3/1/2013 12:25:04 PM
Are gamers who have the need to look down on casual gamers, hipsters of the gaming industry?

"Phss, look at that guy drink his starbucks. Not for me, I only go to this petite place, café du la douche"

^ is literally the same as "Look at that guy play Call of Duty/Angry Birds. Noob! I''m gonna go hit up some Dark Souls"

Being proud to be a gamer is cool and all, but being elitist and looking down on other types of gamers is pathetic.

I'd understand if you were a big shot gamer who had sponsors and went out winning tournaments, but most of you are probably proud of some hobby where you excel at beating your friends and random people online
#65bladegash666Posted 3/1/2013 3:36:46 PM
I LOVE THIS TOPIC. Casuals getting smashed to death. Lol@that clown saying PG makes casualized games.

Also :

Street Fighter(main series)
MGS
Megaman(main ones anyway)
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"
#66Devilman_AmonPosted 3/1/2013 3:45:33 PM
Excuse_Me posted...
Can anyone tell me what series(either for PS3/Ps2/Wii/360, etc) have yet to be casualized by developers in order to appeal to a greater audience?

Shin Megami Tensei
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#67beastwarkingPosted 3/1/2013 4:26:08 PM
I agree with archizzy and would also like to add how disturbing it is in how so many people seem to be more preoccupied with what other people like to do in their own homes.

Like Angry Birds? Who gives a flyin ****
Like Battletoads? I don't care if you croak or have difficulty on the 2nd and 3rd levels (freaking wrecking ball in two player mode >:p)
Like Xenoblade Chronicles? Don't Shulk about how others didn't buy it and just play the damn game
Hate CoD? Go blow your load on something you do love and stop whining that developers aren't dropping in care packages.

I'm out of puns so excuse me while I go disembowel some robots in MGR
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby
#68GloryChaosPosted 3/1/2013 4:38:12 PM
F-Zero.

And the series is dead. People complained about it being too hard. F-Zero GX only sold around 100K copies. And Nintendo refused to bother with it anymore. Everyone loved Mario Kart: Double Dash though. Turns out people want casual games.

And that's it. Touhou 13 was deliberately easier than the previous games and ZUN stated that he was trying to allow new fans to enter the scene. I'm not counting games that were already easy.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#69bladegash666Posted 3/2/2013 1:26:14 AM
I agree with archizzy and would also like to add how disturbing it is in how so many people seem to be more preoccupied with what other people like to do in their own homes.

Like Battletoads? I don't care if you croak or have difficulty on the 2nd and 3rd levels (freaking wrecking ball in two player mode >:p)
Like Xenoblade Chronicles? Don't Shulk about how others didn't buy it and just play the damn game
Hate CoD? Go blow your load on something you do love and stop whining that developers aren't dropping in care packages.

Nice
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"
#70Saintman32190Posted 3/2/2013 8:01:08 AM
beastwarking posted...

Silly little casual.