This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video game series that haven't been casualized ?

#71Saintman32190Posted 3/2/2013 7:02:09 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
Are gamers who have the need to look down on casual gamers, hipsters of the gaming industry?

"Phss, look at that guy drink his starbucks. Not for me, I only go to this petite place, café du la douche"

^ is literally the same as "Look at that guy play Call of Duty/Angry Birds. Noob! I''m gonna go hit up some Dark Souls"

Being proud to be a gamer is cool and all, but being elitist and looking down on other types of gamers is pathetic.

I'd understand if you were a big shot gamer who had sponsors and went out winning tournaments, but most of you are probably proud of some hobby where you excel at beating your friends and random people online

better to be a hard core elitist vet who loves hard games, than to be a silly little casual who is part of the reason why games are now easier than ever.

You casuals ruined Monster Hunter, and other games i loved!
#72BroDudeJaggiesPosted 3/2/2013 7:05:42 AM
Deathsmiles
---
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians
#73CBASH13Posted 3/2/2013 7:06:28 AM
Ninja Gaiden - dumbed down difficulty and watered down gameplay.

SOCOM - streamlined gameplay to attract CoD fan base.

Resident Evil - more action oriented, no thought involved. You essentially have a gps that tells you where to go.
---
It is what it is
#74Willie_MakeitPosted 3/2/2013 7:15:57 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Excuse_Me posted...
Can anyone tell me what series(either for PS3/Ps2/Wii/360, etc) have yet to be casualized by developers in order to appeal to a greater audience?

Shin Megami Tensei

This. Also the Zelda series.
---
Sig.
#75SolidKnightPosted 3/2/2013 7:17:25 AM
Rafedx posted...
Dark Souls could use a "casual" mode, I can easily see someone getting frustrated with the beginning of DS, passing on it and going to something easier. If they had placed a "casual" mode it could have added things to hold their hands so to speak while still leaving in the normal modes, hell they could even split up the servers for PvP and such. There are ways to please all types of gamers.

They do have a "casual mode"; it's called co-op. It's difficulty is similar to the original Legend of Zelda. Everything is a mystery. You're given little direction. You can potentially wander into harder areas at the start of the game. You can't just mash attack and expect to kill everything.