This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what's the most technically sound fighting game this gen?

#1zaiwenPosted 2/28/2013 11:44:19 PM
From one fighting game aficionado to another, I'd like to know which is the most technically sound fighter this generation?
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2Brocken_JrPosted 2/28/2013 11:51:05 PM(edited)
edit
virtua fighter 5 final showdown
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#3plasticman13Posted 2/28/2013 11:47:19 PM
Dead or Alive 5 has some nice physics.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#4Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/28/2013 11:47:38 PM
This thread is going to turn into a circlejerk about how each game has a terrible netcode and community and nerfs and buffs. Everyone that is a fighting fan is feverish to promote their series. I personally have the best technical fights in Super Street Fighter IV (before Arcade Edition). After that I would say Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 because they made a lot of improvements by the second iteration. Now begin the KOF vs BlazBlue BS.
#5InterzoneMantraPosted 2/28/2013 11:49:11 PM
i would say sf 4 / super sf4.
#6yahya_no_1Posted 3/1/2013 12:04:39 AM
As much as I hate it, VF 5 takes that title, you need to STUDY the game, so much stuff thrown at you its not fun for people like me
---
PSN:yahyano1
#7WalkingPlaguePosted 3/1/2013 12:09:06 AM
zaiwen posted...
From one fighting game aficionado to another, I'd like to know which is the most technically sound fighter this generation?

SSFIV AE 2012 and KOFXIII, hands down. Not button masher friendly games.

Titles such as: TTT2, VF5, SFxT, SC5 & DOA5 are all A, B, C button-type fighters. Meaning you can link combos up by simply pressing three buttons simultaneously. However, if you played the games I mentioned at the start of this post, you will understand the difference.

Honorable mentions: Persona 4, BlazBlue, Skull Girls and Guilty Gear XXXMCNABCD.
---
Currently Playing: RE5: Gold Edition(PS3) | RE6 (PS3) | Dark Souls (PS3)
PSN-ID: nintendofied
#8Brocken_JrPosted 3/1/2013 12:12:28 AM
WalkingPlague posted...
zaiwen posted...

VF5 A, B, C button-type fighters. Meaning you can link combos up by simply pressing three buttons simultaneously.

HAHAHA, nnno. nnno. youll get eaten alive by mashing in this game.
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#9WalkingPlaguePosted 3/1/2013 12:16:12 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
WalkingPlague posted...
zaiwen posted...

VF5 A, B, C button-type fighters. Meaning you can link combos up by simply pressing three buttons simultaneously.

HAHAHA, nnno. nnno. youll get eaten alive by mashing in this game.

It's the same story with you guys. It's not whether anyone will be eaten alive by mashing, it's the fact that two mashers can play each other and simply press A, B, C and perform rudimentary combos with little to no effort.

You cannot do that in AE 2012 or KOF XIII. That's my point. The learning curve for the latter titles are much higher than any A, B, C fighter.
---
Currently Playing: RE5: Gold Edition(PS3) | RE6 (PS3) | Dark Souls (PS3)
PSN-ID: nintendofied
#10XxHAVIC101xXPosted 3/1/2013 12:14:04 PM
WalkingPlague posted...
Honorable mentions: Persona 4, BlazBlue, Skull Girls and Guilty Gear XXXMCNABCD.

Persona 4 Arena. If you just search for Persona 4 you are more likely to come across the RPG.
---
"I want you to do just one more thing for me. . . Would you die for me please. . .?"
-Alice, Shin Megami Tensei