This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crytek 'The notion of single-player has to go away'

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Crytek 'The notion of single-player has to go away'
2 years ago#1
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393815/crytek-the-notion-of-single-player-has-to-go-away/

Speaking in an interview with IGN, Yerli - who recently claimed the Crysis 3 studio will transition entirely to free-to-play development - suggested that not all of its future browser-based offerings will be competitive online titles such as Warface.

"I think the notion of a single-player experience has to go away," he said. "However, I'm not saying that there will be no single-player experiences ... it could be it's called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player instead.

"Online and social can reignite single-player in a new type of context and provide benefits that will make you want to be a part of a connected story-mode rather than a disconnected story-mode.

"Sure, if the technology forces you to play a traditional single-player game online, that doesn't make sense but if it's offering actual benefits to be online then you want to be part of it."

Yeah...no.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
2 years ago#2
I like single player

Online modes are overrated, these liars have to go away
2 years ago#3
"Sure, if the technology forces you to play a traditional single-player game online, that doesn't make sense but if it's offering actual benefits to be online then you want to be part of it."

Um... I guess??
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
2 years ago#4
Well that explains Crysis 3
---
RAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR
2 years ago#5
killak posted...
Well that explains Crysis 3

Which is strange, because, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the reason most people buy Crysis games the single player campaign?

I've always seen the MP as a cheap cash grab for the CoD crowd, but it's not very well implemented and so people never really get into it.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
2 years ago#6
That would make me quit gaming, and im pretty sure i wouldnt be the only one.

Seriously, what needs to go away is developers trying to force me into some social networking crap. Make it an option, not the focus.
2 years ago#7
is this why people are calling this gen the best yet?
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
2 years ago#8
This is the effect of Western developers.

social media on everything.

Next thing you know, you gotta tweet to everyone that you are currently taking a crap.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
2 years ago#9
In summary: we want more money.

My response: HahahahHahahahHahahah
HahahahHahahahHahahahHahahah
... okay, there aren't enough Hs or As on the Internet to finish this, but you get where I'm going with it. Fine, a couple more...
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
2 years ago#10
Junpei_Stupei posted...
This is the effect of Western developers.

social media on everything.

This is the effect of not understanding why a studio that is now only focusing on online play would want less focus on single player. Reading is fun, take your hatred and spite and bugger off.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Crytek 'The notion of single-player has to go away'

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived