This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crytek 'The notion of single-player has to go away'

#1656stoogePosted 3/1/2013 4:30:38 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393815/crytek-the-notion-of-single-player-has-to-go-away/

Speaking in an interview with IGN, Yerli - who recently claimed the Crysis 3 studio will transition entirely to free-to-play development - suggested that not all of its future browser-based offerings will be competitive online titles such as Warface.

"I think the notion of a single-player experience has to go away," he said. "However, I'm not saying that there will be no single-player experiences ... it could be it's called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player instead.

"Online and social can reignite single-player in a new type of context and provide benefits that will make you want to be a part of a connected story-mode rather than a disconnected story-mode.

"Sure, if the technology forces you to play a traditional single-player game online, that doesn't make sense but if it's offering actual benefits to be online then you want to be part of it."

Yeah...no.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#2Jx1010Posted 3/1/2013 4:31:35 AM
I like single player

Online modes are overrated, these liars have to go away
#3anonymous46773Posted 3/1/2013 4:38:09 AM
"Sure, if the technology forces you to play a traditional single-player game online, that doesn't make sense but if it's offering actual benefits to be online then you want to be part of it."

Um... I guess??
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4killakPosted 3/1/2013 4:41:00 AM
Well that explains Crysis 3
---
RAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR
#5656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 4:43:12 AM
killak posted...
Well that explains Crysis 3

Which is strange, because, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the reason most people buy Crysis games the single player campaign?

I've always seen the MP as a cheap cash grab for the CoD crowd, but it's not very well implemented and so people never really get into it.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#6Pharsti01Posted 3/1/2013 4:47:03 AM
That would make me quit gaming, and im pretty sure i wouldnt be the only one.

Seriously, what needs to go away is developers trying to force me into some social networking crap. Make it an option, not the focus.
#7lambchipsPosted 3/1/2013 4:48:18 AM
is this why people are calling this gen the best yet?
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#8Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/1/2013 4:49:39 AM(edited)
This is the effect of Western developers.

social media on everything.

Next thing you know, you gotta tweet to everyone that you are currently taking a crap.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#9jammiesPosted 3/1/2013 4:50:24 AM
In summary: we want more money.

My response: HahahahHahahahHahahah
HahahahHahahahHahahahHahahah
... okay, there aren't enough Hs or As on the Internet to finish this, but you get where I'm going with it. Fine, a couple more...
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10thesnoopmeisterPosted 3/1/2013 4:52:11 AM(edited)
Junpei_Stupei posted...
This is the effect of Western developers.

social media on everything.

This is the effect of not understanding why a studio that is now only focusing on online play would want less focus on single player. Reading is fun, take your hatred and spite and bugger off.