This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crytek 'The notion of single-player has to go away'

#71SigmaHacielPosted 3/1/2013 2:00:48 PM
Can the notion of publisher-input go away?
#72NicodimusPosted 3/1/2013 2:01:05 PM
I had never heard of Crytek before today, so I looked it up to see who these people are. Turns out they only make shooty pew-pew games I would never touch, so they can do whatever they want and it won't bother me (aside from the possibly dangerous precedent that might have others thinking about doing it.)
---
"I am not tacking up my living quarters with gaming machines -- I'm not 12. This isn't a damn bedroom with bunk beds and star wars posters in it."
#73Willie_MakeitPosted 3/1/2013 2:12:56 PM
This is one reason I stick with the classics. You never saw any of that social networking crap in the PSOne days and those games were just fine.
---
Sig.
#74CrystalKing5426Posted 3/3/2013 4:05:07 PM
Heavy_D_Forever posted...
Some of the best games this gen are single player experiences.

GTA 4
RDR
SR 3
Skyrim
AC3

Sure some of those games have MP elements tacked on, but the core single player gameplay is still intact without needed an internet connection. Crytek needs to pull their heads out of their asses.

Were those seriously some of the best examples you could think of?
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#75boredofyouPosted 3/3/2013 4:09:50 PM
'The notion of single-player has to go away' for gaming to be completely ruined.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#76StopthinkPosted 3/3/2013 4:10:16 PM
Oh look, it's that developer that can't make a decent game to save its life saying something. Let's all listen.
---
imo for the tight asses
#77guineathewopPosted 3/3/2013 4:14:56 PM
Ironic statement considering the worst part of Crysis 3 is the multiplayer