This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just bought a Playstation 3 and I have a lot of questions and issues

#11Earth Djinn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:35:47 PM
Well it's an LCD, not a CRT, but yeah.

So how common an issue is this going to be for me? Is there a way to know if a game will not be playable in HD for me before actually buying and playing it?
---
I'd sell my Soul, my Self-Esteem a dollar at a time,
for one Chance, one Kiss, one Taste of you my Magdalena...
#12archizzyPosted 3/1/2013 9:36:30 PM
Earth Djinn posted...
I already tried it and it didn't work. I've had expired codes work on Xbox which is why I still went ahead and entered it.

I'm really disappointed by this too, as it not only has the extra playable DLC included, but also a dynamic theme which I was excited to use instead of that standard color background.

If the DLC is actually on the PSN as pay content you could always try calling Sony customer service and explaining it to them. They may have a way of issuing it to you without being charged.

If it is expired as in not even on the PSN anymore then there probably isn't much to do. You may even try contacting the publisher but I would try Sony first. You might get no where but it is worth a shot.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#13archizzyPosted 3/1/2013 9:43:11 PM
Earth Djinn posted...
Well it's an LCD, not a CRT, but yeah.

So how common an issue is this going to be for me? Is there a way to know if a game will not be playable in HD for me before actually buying and playing it?

LCD, Plasma, and DLP are all progressive displays. I'm quite confident you have a CRT.

If you are physically buying the game turn the game case around and look in the lower right. It will display supported resolutions.

If you are buying online you will just have to do some research.

I suggest in the future getting maybe a cheap monitor at the least.
---
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#14oasisbeyondPosted 3/1/2013 9:45:11 PM
Tc... Your tv sucks. I'm not a ps3 fanboy, but you need a true HD tv... 720p and it will work.
Not 1080i... geesh.
#15Earth Djinn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:52:48 PM
For what it's worth, it really is an LCD. Not that this changes the issue I'm having, but I do know the difference between LCD and CRT.
---
I'd sell my Soul, my Self-Esteem a dollar at a time,
for one Chance, one Kiss, one Taste of you my Magdalena...
#16archizzyPosted 3/1/2013 9:58:32 PM
Earth Djinn posted...
For what it's worth, it really is an LCD. Not that this changes the issue I'm having, but I do know the difference between LCD and CRT.

That is the heart of the issue. LCDs are progressive displays. You said your tv doesn't support progressive signals. That doesn't make sense.

Is it a flat panel? What is your model number?
---
#17L0ZPosted 3/1/2013 10:17:53 PM
A couple people have component and composite confused. Tc is not one of them
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#18ElBorak77Posted 3/1/2013 10:22:51 PM
if you have a tv that can't do progressive and no hdmi cable how is the low-res the ps3's fault?

your tv/component cables should do 480i, 1080i? you need a better tv/hdmi cable to get 480p, 720p, and 1080p.
---
PSN El_Borak_77