This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is about about Japanese games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is about about Japanese games?
3 years ago#1
That make them so cool?

Its hard to explain, I am no Japanophile but I will think they make the best games, perhaps its the subtleties, their style? Flair? something.

I just cant see an american or european dev making a game like MGR as cool as they do it, maybe cause they dont care about being weird, wacky and awesome at the same time?

I dont know what it is exactly but when you play a game like the Souls series it distinctly feels Japanese even though it has a western rpg type environment/art style.

And yes I know not everyone loves Japanese games (I think some just hate to be different or because they get tired of hearing about Japanese games) but I think every hardcore gamer can tell when a game is Japanese or Western, and I dont mean something obvious like some anime cliché but something like the souls series, I think any hardcore game can pick up the souls games without knowing anything about it and come to the conclusion that its Japanese rather than a western made game just by playing it.
3 years ago#2
They have honour
3 years ago#3
Quote:They have honour
@cyberkyber

What do you mean?
3 years ago#4
MMAKSX posted...
@cyberkyber

What do you mean?

They never stole from the rich man's tree, because his son was their friend.
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
3 years ago#5
Depends on the genre...and I'm mainly gonna talk about the genres I mostly play:

Fighting and action games are pretty obvious: Japanese ones have much better mechanics and the gameplay is more fluid. Better artstyle.

RPGs: Better art, better music, normally better gameplay. Stories have gone way downhill, but in the last gens Japanese developed RPGs generally had better stories.
3 years ago#6
SailorSatourne posted...
MMAKSX posted...
@cyberkyber

What do you mean?

They never stole from the rich man's tree, because his son was their friend.

I don't know how to put my finger on it, but as of late they have become more westernised.
Dark souls or yakuza 4 remind me of the days of old, res 6 and castlevania lords of shadow do not.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is about about Japanese games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived