This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can somebody explain what is a loli theme in a video game?

#31Godly_GoofPosted 3/3/2013 8:52:12 AM
I find it funny how dumb gamers are these days. Apparently younger girls are instantly sexualized even if their is no particular cause for it. I remember when people said Tales of Graces F was because of Sophie only being 14, ya because full body layered clothing is totally sexualizing. Can't get more demeaning to women than that just too much left to the imagination >.>

But Lolipop Chainsaw, a girl wearing a mini skirt cheerleader outfit, prancing around suggestively with a chainsaw and a Lolipop the epitome of the **** innuendo isn't because she's "of age" even though the game takes place on her 18th birthday so barely. Ya that isn't totally sexualizing women AT ALL.

We have some real winners here on gamefaqs...
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#32killakPosted 3/3/2013 8:55:04 AM
I find it funny how dumb gamers are these days. Apparently younger girls are instantly sexualized even if their is no particular cause for it. I remember when people said Tales of Graces F was because of Sophie only being 14, ya because full body layered clothing is totally sexualizing. Can't get more demeaning to women than that just too much left to the imagination >.>

But Lolipop Chainsaw, a girl wearing a mini skirt cheerleader outfit, prancing around suggestively with a chainsaw and a Lolipop the epitome of the **** innuendo isn't because she's "of age" even though the game takes place on her 18th birthday so barely. Ya that isn't totally sexualizing women AT ALL.

We do. Particularly when referring to something as 'loli', it just means they're attracted to the image.

I, personally, don't get turned on by kids, or even use terms like 'under age', when it comes to sex.

Some of these guys don't have the slightest clue about what they're saying.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#33KYOJIROKAGENUMAPosted 3/3/2013 8:57:34 AM
Wow

as someone who loved games like Parasite Eve 1 & 2. Star Ocean 3, Saga Frontier, SRW:AG and so on...

I've seen a good 3 generations (of consoles) where loli went from more of a subtype of character, to the full-time mascot of most 2d games.

There is a difference between just a young female character (Marona from Phantom Brave, and game that contains very little sexuality), and something like Hyperdimension Neptunia which totally depicts very young looking GIRLS with so much zettai ryouiki. Young girls in low-cut shirts to almost draw attention that they may or may not have gone threw puberty yet. And panty shots, SO MANY PANTY SHOTS.

Its so weird to see people try to White Knight the unnerving comfortability that many low budget japanese 2d games have with depicting Young looking girls, in the most sexualized positions.
---
Kill anyone who gets in the way... Actually nevermind that... JUST KILL EVERYONE! - Kyojiro Kagenuma - WoTS 2 PSN:kingmalak
#34Godly_GoofPosted 3/3/2013 9:02:46 AM
killak posted...

We do. Particularly when referring to something as 'loli', it just means they're attracted to the image.

I, personally, don't get turned on by kids, or even use terms like 'under age', when it comes to sex.

Some of these guys don't have the slightest clue about what they're saying.

It's more so when I see people saying X game sexualizes girls/females because of age, but Y game that's 10 times worse doesn't because they are of whatever age. It's just really funny to see how people use a term without even knowing what it really means.

Sexualizing means debasing women based on their physical or emotional portrayal, if they don't like the way it's done in one game that's fine. But don't try and justify it by saying something as frankly moronic as

DarkSymbiote posted...
Jx1010 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon

No, I mean what is considered lol ''in'' certain video games, what did u find loli in any video game u played.... according to ur ''opinion and observations''

geez people dont like to express themselves anymore nowadays

Basically sexualisation of young girls in games. Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw doesn't count since she is not too young.

Honestly, I don't have much experience with pedophile stimulation in games so I don't know.

Just makes you look like a completely uneducated pig ****er.
---
#35Godly_GoofPosted 3/3/2013 9:11:40 AM
KYOJIROKAGENUMA posted...
Wow

as someone who loved games like Parasite Eve 1 & 2. Star Ocean 3, Saga Frontier, SRW:AG and so on...

I've seen a good 3 generations (of consoles) where loli went from more of a subtype of character, to the full-time mascot of most 2d games.

There is a difference between just a young female character (Marona from Phantom Brave, and game that contains very little sexuality), and something like Hyperdimension Neptunia which totally depicts very young looking GIRLS with so much zettai ryouiki. Young girls in low-cut shirts to almost draw attention that they may or may not have gone threw puberty yet. And panty shots, SO MANY PANTY SHOTS.

Its so weird to see people try to White Knight the unnerving comfortability that many low budget japanese 2d games have with depicting Young looking girls, in the most sexualized positions.

So basically you have a problem with CH games that are niche titles even in Japan then.

And frankly it's still all been uphill since

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Eiko_Carol

And remember how many people b***ed and moaned about that actual travesty? Oh usual none, because no one cared.
---
#36ViceGagaPosted 3/3/2013 9:40:48 AM
KYOJIROKAGENUMA posted...
Wow

Well, from what I've heard, Hyperdimension Neptunia is a hot mess.. Everything from the gameplay to plot is just awful! I think Game Informer gave it a 3 out of 10 or something.. So they have to make that up somehow by appealing to certain urges! I for one don't find these girls exactly sexual, but I don't mind the look whatsoever.. I think its cute and a nice break every once in a while from your everyday murder spree games. Everything from the colors, music and magical spells being cast by cute girls is just a breath of fresh air for me from those everyday games. And in this HD day & age these games are brilliant to look at, even if they're not necessarily always mentally stimulating.

Right now I'm playing Ar Tonelico Qoga.. I bought this game because I heard the story and music are good, and I really do dig the music, its a complete change of pace for me from what I usually play. I just started it, so I can't really comment on the story yet, but I like playing something different once in a while, and this is different for sure! The only games I've ever played of this type are Final Fantasy and Xenogears. There were a few others I played but never finished, and thats basically it. Sofar the music is awesome, story is engaging, original and the cute girls don't hurt either! ;)
---
Choose your last words, this is the last time, cuz you and I, we were born to die.