This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't like the new Tomb Raider game...

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/2/2013 1:34:34 AM(edited)
WARNING BRUTAL GIFs

http://i.imgur.com/frrZDky.gif

http://i.minus.com/iU60u4mlSwv6Y.gif

^^^^^
feels like exploitation grindhouse stuff but not the fun ones.

I love Lara and seeing her get hurt makes me cringe and not want to play the game anymore.

and its not uncharted 2 get shot at violence.
this game has goddamn impalements, broken bones, burns, lacerations, deep cuts and bruises all accompanied by Lara's guttural scream and cries of agony >_>

Sorry but I still cringe in RE4 when Leon gets head decapitated ;_;

Also game feels a lot like an Uncharted clone and I know thats said a lot but its accurate. and I never really liked the Uncharted games (except for the awesome platformer train level in Uncharted 2) this Tomb Raider game is just random cinematic run jump here jump there run away climb up here sequences then duck for cover, shoot like 30 guys, continue repeat >_> so bland boring and repetitive and something I've seen in a million games already especially in this gen that is lacking originality.

And only a slight emphasis on adventure exploration aspects and finding treasures and stuff.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 1:33:39 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
WARNING BRUTAL GIFs

http://i.imgur.com/frrZDky.gif

http://i.minus.com/iU60u4mlSwv6Y.gif

^^^^^
feels like exploitation grindhouse stuff but not the fun ones.

I love Lara and seeing her get hurt makes me cringe and not want to play the game anymore.

and its not uncharted 2 get shot at violence.
this game has goddamn impalements, broken bones, burns, lacerations all accompanied by Lara's guttural scream and cries of agony >_>

Sorry but I still cringe in RE4 when Leon gets head decapitated ;_;

Also game feels a lot like an Uncharted clone and I know thats said a lot but its accurate.
just random cinematic run jump here jump there run away sequences then duck for cover, shoot like 30 guys, continue repeat >_>

And only a slight emphasis on adventure exploration aspects and finding treasures and stuff.

Tomb Raider has become an Uncharted clone...

The rest of your post is about disliking the violence and that's fine. I'm not a fan of violence, but in this instance it adds to the atmosphere. I hope you understand the irony in saying the TR feels like a UC clone.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3Jx1010Posted 3/2/2013 1:34:50 AM
This new tomb raider is terrible....
#4CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 1:36:57 AM
Jx1010 posted...
This new tomb raider is terrible....

Based on? It looks like it's going to be a fun game. At least for me.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5killakPosted 3/2/2013 1:37:40 AM
I'm really jazzed about the new uber kills and deaths.

I won't lie, I sent her diving from many a height, to hear that harsh crumpling thud when she hit the ground.

NOW I GET SPIKES THROUGH THE NECK, AND TREES THROUGH THE STOMACH, and that's the only two i'm aware of.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#6HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 1:40:19 AM
killak posted...
I'm really jazzed about the new uber kills and deaths.

I won't lie, I sent her diving from many a height, to hear that harsh crumpling thud when she hit the ground.

NOW I GET SPIKES THROUGH THE NECK, AND TREES THROUGH THE STOMACH, and that's the only two i'm aware of.

Sorry but this is the reason why I usually only buy games that are T rated and under.
Once you get to M rated most games just have really gratuitous over the top violence and some is quite cringeworthy.

sure its nothing compared to real life deaths but still I don't like the main characters I main as in videogames to get badly hurt.
Don't really enjoy seeing really bad villains get their guts fall out or anything either >_<
---
#7CronoGuyverPosted 3/2/2013 1:42:41 AM
If you cant stand seeing Lara getting hurt, than you must make sure that she does not. Problem solved.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#8killakPosted 3/2/2013 1:42:53 AM
Sorry but this is the reason why I usually only buy games that are T rated and under.
Once you get to M rated most games just have really gratuitous over the top violence and some is quite cringeworthy.

sure its nothing compared to real life deaths but still I don't like the main characters I main as in videogames to get badly hurt.
Don't really enjoy seeing really bad villains get their guts fall out or anything either >_<

I hear ya. I'm just a fan of ultra violence.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 1:46:37 AM
CronoGuyver posted...
If you cant stand seeing Lara getting hurt, than you must make sure that she does not. Problem solved.

but when a random QTE or something happens and I do loose I will literally freak out and get depressed and not want to play again.

I Actually felt bad after in GOW3 <spoilers>killing Hades and ripping his head off</spoilers> I stopped playing then.

Don't even get me started on Dead Space but at least that game is Horror and I can understand lots of graphic violence in horror games because its obvious and understandable for a game like that to have this sort of stuff.

But its like if the next Zelda or Metroid game is M rated and shows Link or Samus dying brutal deaths... I'm sorry but I would probably die a little inside each time I saw that.
---
#10Worker_8_Posted 3/2/2013 1:48:46 AM
So, you are ok with watching a violent anime such as Hellsing but have a problem with M rated games? I call BS.