This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Agree/Disagree: Assassin's Creed IV should actually include CGI in the game

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/2/2013 10:30:17 AM
Agree/Disagree: Assassin's Creed IV should actually include CGI in the game - Results (92 votes)
Agree. It's always disappointing to watch the CGI trailers only for them to not be in the game outside of the opening
33.7% (31 votes)
Meh. Maybe just for an opening.
40.22% (37 votes)
Disagree. I hate CGI, I don't want them in games.
26.09% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Assassin's Creed IV just had its CGI trailer debut and quite honestly, I hate how they always have beautiful CGI trailers and they never actually include CGI in the games (aside from Revelations' opening).

Personally, I'd want Assassin's Creed IV to have CGI of this quality for the opening, the ending, and one or two scenes in the middle of the game for the most pivotal moments of the plot. The vast majority of cutscenes would still use the in-game engine, but the most important few would be enhanced by insanely amazing visuals and cinematography. I think that's the best way to do it.

What do you guys think?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:35:46 AM
bump
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3EoinPosted 3/2/2013 10:37:52 AM
If the switch from the game engine to CGI is obvious, then it breaks immersion, and they should use the game engine.

If the switch from the game engine to CGI isn't obvious, then they don't need to use CGI and they should use the game engine.
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:42:01 AM
Eoin posted...
If the switch from the game engine to CGI is obvious, then it breaks immersion, and they should use the game engine.

If the switch from the game engine to CGI isn't obvious, then they don't need to use CGI and they should use the game engine.

I hate the "immersion" argument. Things like load times, clipping issues, texture pop-in, jaggies, screen-tearing, etc. etc. "break the immersion," too.

CGI is a way to make a scene much more memorable and cinematic; it gives you a better image of certain characters in your head and it's a great way to enhance the story and experience, and it serves as a great reward for reaching a certain point in the game.

For the Assassin's Creed games, 3-4 CGI cutscenes would be just perfect.

Hell, I remember people saying "Halo shouldn't have CGI" and then Halo 4 came around and everyone loved how it included CGI for the opening and ending of the campaign, the opening for the multiplayer, and for all of the cutscenes in Spartan Ops. It worked there, it can work here.
---
#5Auron772Posted 3/2/2013 10:43:07 AM
To me, CGI has become obsolete this gen. I believe every cutscene should be on the in-game engine and nothing more.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#6Castiel39Posted 3/2/2013 10:44:45 AM
I agree, i like CGIs.
#7crazyman32Posted 3/2/2013 10:46:13 AM
Auron772 posted...
To me, CGI has become obsolete this gen. I believe every cutscene should be on the in-game engine and nothing more.

agreed.I am all for in game cut scenes.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#8Mutant1988Posted 3/2/2013 10:46:40 AM
A lot of people don't seem to know the difference between CGI and pre-rendering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-rendering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery

CGI is literally EVERYTHING that constitutes graphics, real time-rended or pre-rendered.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#9EoinPosted 3/2/2013 10:47:10 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I hate the "immersion" argument. Things like load times, clipping issues, texture pop-in, jaggies, screen-tearing, etc. etc. "break the immersion," too.

Yeah well, amazingly I'm not actually arguing in favour of loading times and screen tearing being increased for AC4 either.
#10jubjub_28Posted 3/2/2013 10:50:49 AM
A lot of people don't seem to know the difference between CGI and pre-rendering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-rendering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery

CGI is literally EVERYTHING that constitutes graphics, real time-rended or pre-rendered.

While i agree with you that not everyone knows what CGI really means (myself included), i think we have generalized the term to mean something that it actually doesn't... which is what TC was talking about I think.
---
I played and loved every second of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?