This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you so-called "hardcore" gamers enjoy Assassins Creed?

#1gucciburrrPosted 3/2/2013 12:38:00 PM
You "hardcore" gamers bark about games not offering any kind of challenge and overrate those that are built solely to annoy the player (Souls series). So how do you enjoy AC? This series is about to get it's sixth console installment. The first five offer absolutely no challenge whether it be ridiculously easy missions and side quest or braindead Ai that allow you to slaughter 30 enemies simultaneously without getting a scratch. The average player will die more times because of the shoddy inconsistent platforming than the "challenges" the games throws at you. I just don't get it....
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#2ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/2/2013 12:48:45 PM
gucciburrr posted...
You "hardcore" gamers bark about games not offering any kind of challenge and overrate those that are built solely to annoy the player (Souls series). So how do you enjoy AC? This series is about to get it's sixth console installment. The first five offer absolutely no challenge whether it be ridiculously easy missions and side quest or braindead Ai that allow you to slaughter 30 enemies simultaneously without getting a scratch. The average player will die more times because of the shoddy inconsistent platforming than the "challenges" the games throws at you. I just don't get it....

I've only played Assassins Creed 3 but my one issue with it is it doesn't feel like a stealth game. There's no real punishment for playing it like dynasty warriors. It is fun though in bursts, and thats all a game really has to be fun and interesting. It is nice to play something rock hard like Sin and Punishment 2 every now and again, but I wouldn't want all my games to be like that,

People keep saying the Souls series is difficult, its not, it just requires trial and error. There's a difference, its a memory test, once you know what weapon beats what enemy its incredibly easy. I wouldn't like that style of difficulty in a stealth game, as it would just be annoying and you wouldn't feel like a master assassin.
#3qwertyMrJINXPosted 3/2/2013 12:53:25 PM
I acknowledge that the games are a blatant rip off of the Sly Cooper series, with only about a tenth of the challenge. However, they are still pretty fun, despite that.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#4pureradiancePosted 3/2/2013 12:55:10 PM
Never played an assassin's creed or souls game...am I special?
---
PSN ID: pristine20
#5Mutant1988Posted 3/2/2013 12:55:10 PM
Every once in a while you need a breather from the super intense and skill demanding hardcore titles.

Might as well have one with excellent graphics, interesting and rarely seen settings, likeable characters and smooth (If not perfect) and empowering gameplay.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#6ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/2/2013 1:03:56 PM
I think the problem the Assassins Creed series has is the Batman games do what it does, in a less frustrating and more satisfying way. That's not knocking Assassins Creed, they're both entertaining.
#7kel25Posted 3/2/2013 1:13:04 PM
The first game was an interesting tech demo. It was a unique game at the time but it had flaws and I enjoyed it for giving me a new experience.

The second game knocked me over. The single player mode was very long and the gameplay got a lot of polish. A few new features were added that were nice and the story was very enjoyable.

That was also the last good game in the series. From this point on we got a half assed story, a shorter single player mode, lots of pointless features, and a tacked on multiplayer.

Brotherhood was the last AC game I will ever pay full price for. It's getting to the point where I don't even want them from the bargain bin. Between the consoles and handhelds this series has had about 10 games released for it this generation. Most series don't get that many games in multiple generations. There is no question about it. They are milking this series to death.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#8pixel378Posted 3/2/2013 1:23:38 PM
Assassins creed is no better than COD. It blows and it doesn't even have the tight gameplay COD does. Its pretty much a beat em up game on rails.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#9RahzarXPosted 3/2/2013 1:24:18 PM
pixel378 posted...
Assassins creed is no better than COD. It blows and it doesn't even have the tight gameplay COD does. Its pretty much a beat em up game on rails.

You forgot the "IMO" part.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#10agrissaPosted 3/2/2013 1:24:35 PM
I play AC only for the story, atmosphere, and setting. Yeah the gameplay is pretty weak.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~