This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you so-called "hardcore" gamers enjoy Assassins Creed?

#11Godly_GoofPosted 3/2/2013 12:30:12 PM
I tried Liberation, Brotherhood, 2, and 3 and I got bored of all of them pretty quick. Although I liked 3s ship battles.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#12DarknessXSeekerPosted 3/2/2013 12:36:29 PM
I love the gameplay and story of all the AC games, if people can enjoy Call of Duty and Mario, then I can damn well enjoy Assassin's Creed.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#13ManuKesnaPosted 3/2/2013 12:52:51 PM
If being a hardcore gamer means that i cant enjoy whatever game i want then lolhardcoregamers
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#14Lord_XandrosPosted 3/2/2013 12:56:43 PM
gucciburrr posted...
You "hardcore" gamers bark about games not offering any kind of challenge and overrate those that are built solely to annoy the player (Souls series). So how do you enjoy AC? This series is about to get it's sixth console installment. The first five offer absolutely no challenge whether it be ridiculously easy missions and side quest or braindead Ai that allow you to slaughter 30 enemies simultaneously without getting a scratch. The average player will die more times because of the shoddy inconsistent platforming than the "challenges" the games throws at you. I just don't get it....

I've only played Assassins Creed 3 but my one issue with it is it doesn't feel like a stealth game. There's no real punishment for playing it like dynasty warriors. It is fun though in bursts, and thats all a game really has to be fun and interesting. It is nice to play something rock hard like Sin and Punishment 2 every now and again, but I wouldn't want all my games to be like that,

It wasn't created to be a stealthy game.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#15coolsurfer800Posted 3/2/2013 1:04:00 PM
The only AC game I played was AC2 and I loved it. Though it does look like they are milking the series too much.
---
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks
#16Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 3/2/2013 1:05:19 PM
so far I've only enjoyed and played to completion ACII. AC1 I gave up on as soon as I actually got a horse and some freedom. The game was just missing something. I figured I would try out ACII because I kept hearing about the economic system and the villa and that was what I really enjoyed about it, as well as the improved combat, climbing, and shops. Also Ezio was a truly charming hero and his storyline was a lot of fun to unfold. I started Brotherhood for the single player only but it's so much of the same and I really doubt I will ever get to Revelations. I am definitely getting AC3 though because again this time the ship battles look great as well as hunting.
#17ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/2/2013 1:06:16 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
gucciburrr posted...
You "hardcore" gamers bark about games not offering any kind of challenge and overrate those that are built solely to annoy the player (Souls series). So how do you enjoy AC? This series is about to get it's sixth console installment. The first five offer absolutely no challenge whether it be ridiculously easy missions and side quest or braindead Ai that allow you to slaughter 30 enemies simultaneously without getting a scratch. The average player will die more times because of the shoddy inconsistent platforming than the "challenges" the games throws at you. I just don't get it....

I've only played Assassins Creed 3 but my one issue with it is it doesn't feel like a stealth game. There's no real punishment for playing it like dynasty warriors. It is fun though in bursts, and thats all a game really has to be fun and interesting. It is nice to play something rock hard like Sin and Punishment 2 every now and again, but I wouldn't want all my games to be like that,

When i think assassins, i think stealth not Lu Bu god of war
#18Banjo2553Posted 3/2/2013 1:57:02 PM
Actually AC1 is fairly challenging comparatively. It's when AC2 comes around that the series starts becoming easy.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#19harcoreblazerPosted 3/2/2013 1:58:55 PM
Assasin's Creed stopped having my attention when i realized it became a yearly franchise.
---
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
#20Godly_GoofPosted 3/2/2013 1:59:48 PM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...
gucciburrr posted...

When i think assassins, i think stealth not Lu Bu god of war

Personally I prefer games like the old Hitman games. You could just kill everything and get a s***ty score or go for silent assassin and get the bonus' for it. When the game seems to be framed around stealth and their is no downside to just brute forcing it it seems kind of lame.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."