This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help buying a general sandbox game

#1kgkenshinPosted 3/2/2013 11:31:51 PM
Alright so i got a 20$ in hopes I could get L.A noire but found out it was 30$. So to improvise from this mistake I decided I wanted to get just a general sandbox game that allows me to just mess around, have a good time and enjoy a good story.
Games i've already played that are 20$ and under : San Andreas, GTA IV(not dlc), saints row 2.

So i've got quite a bit of choices and i'm kinda stuck here on what I want between games like: Just cause 2, Mafia 2, GTA IV (The dlc episodes), Infamous 2, etc.
If you guys could help me choose out, this would be very much appreciated, thank you.
---
Psn: KingKrazy010
Persona 4 Arena: Kanji
#2ALLHALLOWEENEVEPosted 3/2/2013 11:32:43 PM
Just cause 2 is so awesome.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3KrustyBrownRingPosted 3/2/2013 11:37:12 PM
my vote goes to RDR
#4Mattywright77Posted 3/2/2013 11:37:57 PM
Dont get mafia II then. Its story is amazing,excellent presentation, almost movie quality. Its "sandbox" however is empty and lifeless woth no real side options other than collectibles as tedious as flags in AC 1. Even creating mayhem is limited and not really fun so if its the sandbox avoid it. I do highly recommend the story though.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#5Yo_Soy_FiestaPosted 3/2/2013 11:43:01 PM
I recently finished Far Cry 3. There is a "main" story to follow, but you get your fair share of sandbox moments. I played the game for well over 40 hours and then re-played it. The side quests and general "do what you want" aspect had me hooked for a long time.
---
"I am Party" - Rob Gronkowski
#6star_guy_100Posted 3/2/2013 11:44:47 PM
infamous 2
#7DoukouPosted 3/2/2013 11:49:23 PM
Mafia has the best story out of all of those.
But it's going to limited in terms sandbox.

Infamous has a good story but sandbox is only fun if you go evil even then it's not like other sandboxes where you can drive around

Can't comment on DLC for GTA

Just Cause has the best sandbox out of those but can be repetive, story is meh.
---
Don't read this sig.